CHAPTER 11- THE ANNUAL DAY

A night before the annual day

The team had finished their practice and were heading home. The week went by very quickly. Everyone was busy and the college looked like it was in a festive mood. Taani had taken extra care of the arrangements. The news of her selection had given her a new found confidence. 

She was about to leave when she spotted Rey in the basketball court. She stood there for a moment and then turned to leave when Rey called out to her.

Rey- Taani…

She stopped but did not turn towards him

Rey( coming up to her)- Hey tum Abhi tak yahi ho. Bahut late ho Gaya hai na 

Taani( now facing him)- Haan kaam tha. Aap Abhi tak yaha team to ghar Chali gayi na. 

Rey- Haan woh mein bas thoda nervous tha toh yaha basketball khelne aa Gaya.

Taani- nervous? Kyun 

Rey(feeling free to share his thoughts)- woh kal annual day hai na so…

Taani(a little confused)- annual day ke liye? Aap to kabhi kisi competition ke liye bhi nervous nahi the phir ye to annual day hai 

Rey- Haan jaanta hoon but sab kuch bahut alag hai iss Baar. Bahut kuch depend karta hai iss par. It's no less than a competition. Isliye bas thoda...but sabke saamne dikha bhi nahi sakta warna woh log bhi tensed ho jayenge.

Taani (understanding the gravity of the situation)- hmm I get it...ok then I will leave.

Rey- ah ok...waise raat bahut ho gayi hai...mein tumhe ghar chod doon?

Taani(sarcastically)- Nahi...aisi bahut saari raaton Ko mein akele ghar gayi hoon… today is nothing special...bye 

Rey doesn't say anything more and Taani turns to leave but suddenly she stops and turns back to him.

Rey- kya hua kuch kehna hai? 

Taani- Haan...aapko pata hai ki ye Jo itne competitions aap log jeete hai woh isliye nahi hai because you all were better than the rest, woh isliye tha kyunki aap log Apne Dil se dance karte hai. Yahi hai na aap logo ka motto DIL DOSTI DANCE. aur shayad yahi hai jo aap logo Ko Sabse alag Karti hai. Har baat ki tarah kal bhi aapne liye perform karna. Aapne Dil se karna. Aap log apna best de woh matter karta hai. Uske baad jo hoga that is secondary. Kal stage par enjoy karna. Baaki sab kuch bhul kar just go DIL DOSTI DANCE…

Saying this she leaves making Rey ponder over her words. She reminded her of his own aim and motivation. As he smiled his heart was suddenly contended. After long she spoke to him that too at a personal level. There was no anger, no taunts just plain simple talk and he was happy.

The happiness was short lived. The annual day did not go as planned. Nil n Vicky had an immature plan to save their friend. They were upset that Rey had to go through so much since Kriya came back. They wanted Kriya to go back and face embarrassment. In order to do so they planned to spike her energy drink in the day that would lead her to lose consciousness and she won't appear for the performance. But things did not go as planned. Kriya had half of the spiked drink and by mistake dropped the rest. Although she was not unconscious, she felt dizzy. 

Unable to balance herself in her state of dizziness she slipped on the wet bathroom floor in college. The team was in the backstage and the whole College was in the college grounds for the performances to begin. Kriya had injured her foot and could not call out for help. She dragged herself to the medical room and searched for some first aid. Taani who was just then crossing by the room saw Kriya there…