Chapter 6

~ Myra ~

"I can't believe I'm going to be a mother! For a short time anyways. I don't know where to start! I need help," I whispered to the baby in my arms. Emmett wrapped his arm around me comfortingly, "I will help you, so will the guys. I can do paperwork for the time being, and help you with the kids. They need a father... hgm hmm.. I mean.. they need a man to look up to." I looked to his face, and saw love in his eyes. I smiled. I watched Liam hand Asa to Emmett, as we all walked to the fire truck. "Keegan, will you drive?" I asked softly. "Of course, Myra, anything." he replied gently." "Let's get these kids home." I sighed.

We reached the fire station, and Jake helped me out of the truck. Emmett followed with Asa, who was stirring in his sleep. "Shh, shh, go back to sleep little one." Emmett spoke softly. We headed up the stairs. "Where will they be sleeping? I don't mind if they stay in my room, I wouldn't mind the extra company," I asked. "I was about to ask you if that would be alright," Emmett said. "I will go and get a crib and a small bed." "Don't forget diapers, wipes and baby powder. I will make a list soon." I replied. Emmett set Asa in the bed, and pulled the blankets over him. "I won't be long," he said and softly kissed my forehead. "Okay," I murmured as I blushed, and he was gone.

Asa slept for almost an hour, and Emmett had just gotten back. He woke up crying, so I handed the baby to Emmett, and cuddled Asa in my arms. "Shh, shh, I'm here, you're safe." I whispered. When Asa finally settled down, I had Emmett hand me the baby. As I held her in mine and Asa's lap, Asa murmured something to himself. I couldn't quite make it out. "What did you say, hon?" I asked gently. "Edda Bwair," Asa replied. "Etta Blair," Emmet repeated. "Is Etta Blair your sister, Asa?" Asa nodded shyly. "How would you like some milk, and crackers, Asa? Are you hungry??" Emmett asked. "Otay," Asa whispered. They headed off to the kitchen quite eagerly, to get a snack.

Meanwhile, I was alone upstairs with Etta Blair. She was starting to become a little fussy, so I started to change her diaper. Etta Blair was still fussing, so I sat on the edge of my bed and rocked her. She was hungry, but I don't think Emmett bought formula. I started to the kitchen, but I almost ran into Emmet and Asa. They were on their way back from the kitchen, and they had a bottle with them. "You didn't tell me you knew how to fix a bottle, Emmet. "Thank you." I said gratefully, but also teasingly. "There are directions on the formula can you know." he replied with jest. "You want to feed her?" I asked. Emmett's face went pale. "Mm..mme.me?!" he exclaimed. "Why not?" I replied. "Oo..okayy.." he said hesitantly. I handed him Etta Blair as he sat in one of the kitchen chairs. I waited until he was situated, then I gave him the bottle. Right away I knew, he would be an amazing dad one day. I couldn't help but imagine my life with him. Okay, that's too corny..don't judge though, okay? It really was the most perfect picture. I felt my eyes brim with tears. I wanted the moment to last forever.

~ Emmett ~

"I can't believe I'm going to be a mother! For a short time anyways. I don't know where to start! I need help," she whispered to the baby in her arms. I wrapped my arm around Myra comfortingly, "I will help you, so will the guys. I can do paperwork for the time being, and help you with the kids. They need a father... hgm hmm.. I mean.. they need a man to look up to." I said. She looked into my eyes, and smiled. Liam handed Asa to me, as we all walked to the fire truck. "Keegan, will you drive?" she asked softly. "Of course, Myra, anything." he replied gently." "Let's get these kids home," she sighed.

We reached the fire station, and Jake helped Myra out of the truck. I followed with Asa, who was stirring in his sleep. "Shh, shh, go back to sleep little one." I spoke softly. We headed up the stairs. "Where will they be sleeping? I don't mind if they stay in my room, I wouldn't mind the extra company," she asked. "I was about to ask you if that would be alright," I said. "I will go and get a crib and a small bed." "Don't forget diapers, wipes and baby powder. I will make a list soon." she replied. I set Asa in the bed, and pulled the blankets over him. "I won't be long," I said and softly kissed Myra's forehead. "Okay," I heard her murmur, as she blushed, and I was gone.