Chapter 1

~ Myra ~

I slowly got out of my truck, and let out a loud groan. It is way to hot! For the past week it's been at least 105 degrees. I made my way to the firehouse. As I started to open the door, I smelled something extremely repulsive. I let go of the door and began to try to locate the source of the odor. My nose led me straight to my underarms.. Now extremely irritated, I yank the door open and walk inside. "God! I walk for five minutes and I'm already sweating like a pig!" I cursed under my breath. Someone chuckled lightly, obviously amused by my frustration. "Ha ha. Laugh all you want buster, cause the next time you go out there you'll be saying the same thing!" I snapped.

He slowly made his way over to where I was standing. As I watched him walk over, I couldn't help but rake my eyes over his body. He was wearing low slung faded jeans, and a perfectly tight maroon colored shirt. You could barely see the waistband of his boxers, not leaving much to the imagination. "Whoaa.." I exclaimed to myself. He is extremely hot! I was slowly drawn into a daze by his handsome chocolate brown eyes. His thick black hair fell in soft tendrils over his neck and forehead. It wasn't too long, but it was long enough to tangle my fingers in when I cried out his.. Reluctantly, I forced myself to stop my dirty thought. I quickly tried to recover my composure.

He stood directly in front of me and offered his hand, " Well hello to you too. Quite feisty, eh? My name is Emmett, and I'll be giving you the 'grand tour.' Though there's not much you haven't already seen." I felt myself blush. He had caught me practically eye-raping him. I regained my composure and firmly shook his hand. "Myra" I stated. Clearly taken by surprise at my firm grip, he held onto my hand longer than required. I unwillingly pulled my hand out of his, and cleared my throat. He took the hint, and instantly recovered his composure. "Well then, Myra, let's get started!" he exclaimed as he led the way. "I can't wait to start my job!" I thought excitedly.