Chapter 2

~ Emmett ~

It's been hotter than hell for the past week. Actually we've been pretty busy since the beginning of April, now it is almost mid-July. I am really glad that the department hired another firefighter. At first I was surprised to hear that it was a woman, but I soon pushed that thought away. This is the perfect chance for me and the guys to 'initiate' her into the crew. As the crew captain, I pretty much get to run the place. When we aren't as busy, we love to stir up trouble. Pulling pranks is our specialty. My boss is the only one who can hire and fire around here, but he rarely ever drops by, so he never knows what really goes on.

I tore my thoughts away from the new girl's initiation, and started on some paperwork. I had barely picked up my pen, when I heard someone open the door. I looked out the window and saw a girl. She was absolutely stunning! I had never seen a girl as beautiful as she is. She was wearing stonewashed jeans that had rips on the thighs, and a yellow tank top. Her outfit showed off her sexy figure, which was curvy and beautiful in all the right places. She had beautiful curly red hair that fell just below her shoulder blades. "Wow.." I muttered to myself. I looked away, before the dirty part of my mind took over.

Suddenly the door closed, but the girl was still there. She looked as if she was sniffing around. When her nose reached her underarms, her face twisted up in a look of disgust. I laughed to myself when I realized that she was sweating, and probably stinks. I heard her yank the door open and walk inside. "God! I walk for five minutes and I'm already sweating like a pig!" I heard her curse to herself. I chuckled in amusement. She's going to fit right in with the rest of the crew, alright. She looked up at me, clearly I was surprised that she heard me laughing. "Ha ha. Laugh all you want buster, cause the next time you go out there you'll be saying the same thing!" she snapped. She' a feisty one, alright. I can't wait for her initiation.

I started to walk over to her, so I could introduce myself. As I was walking, I noticed she had a far-away-look in her eyes as she was staring at me. She was gazing at me like I was some sort of god. Shortly before I reached her, she shook her head, "Probably to leave La La Land, I'll bet." I smirked to myself. I finally stopped directly in front of her, and offered her my hand, " Well hello to you too. Quite feisty, eh? My name is Emmett, and I'll be giving you the 'grand tour.' Though there's not much you haven't already seen." She blushed slightly, and tries not to look embarrassed. She regained her composure rather quickly, and firmly shook my hand. "Myra," she said. Taken aback by her firm grip, I held her hand in mine much longer than a hand shake requires. She looked reluctant to pull her hand away, but she did, and she cleared her throat. I think I had accidentally made her uncomfortable, so I recovered my composure almost instantly. "Well then, Myra, let's get started!" I exclaimed as I led the way. She looked so excited, that I thought she would burst. Boy, I can't wait to see her face later tonight!