Strange Emotions for a Stranger

Chapter 2

Standing up from the ground, I walked back inside my room and shut the door behind me. I didn't want any unexpected visitors to be able to enter my room. I made my way over towards my dresser and chunked the necklace onto it. Fatigue began to weigh on me as I stood facing the mirror. It was an eventful day. I pulled out a pair of pink fuzzy pajama pants from the top drawer and after putting them on, I walked into the bathroom, brushed my mid-length curly, dark brown hair, and brushed my teeth. After I was done preparing for bed, I walked back into my room and flopped down onto my bed, taking one last glance out the balcony window.

"When I wake up tomorrow, this will all have just been a dream." I whispered. The strange man that was called Andrew would have just been a figment of my imagination and nothing else. Laying down and pulling the sheets over me, I laid there for a minute, lost in thought I suppose, then I dozed off to sleep.

The next morning I woke up to the sound of my annoying alarm clock. I sat up, stretched, and then turned the obnoxious sound off. I slowly got up and walked to the bathroom to take a warm shower.

After my shower, I got dressed in a simple outfit. I wore a pair of skinny jeans with my favorite brown leather boots and a purple ruffled shirt. I wore my hair down and added a hint of makeup to try to bring out my brown eyes, which in my opinion resembled dirt. I grabbed my book bag and walked downstairs.

Downstairs I saw my mom and brother.

"Morning." I greeted.

"Morning honey." My mom smiled.

"Hey loser." My brother smirked at me and I just smiled.

"Now, there's no need to talk about yourself Chris." Chris gave me a deathly stare while I laughed at him.

"Whatever, you're just jealous of this." He said pointing to himself.

"Please. Nobody is jealous of that." He just rolled his eyes at my comment.

"You two stop it. Your breakfast is on the table Haley. You don't have long to eat it so hurry." My mother said looking at me.

"Okay." I smiled while sitting down at the kitchen table and eating my breakfast. It was eggs and bacon, one of my favorites.

"What's that?" My brother asked pointing at the necklace hanging from my neck. I looked down in shock. It had been the necklace that the strange man, Andrew, had given me. I pieced all my thoughts together, trying to stay calm.

"Oh...this old thing? It was a gift." I said trying to think of a convincing lie. I didn't remember putting the necklace on and I figured that it would've ceased to exsit when I woke up. It was impossible.

"Gift? For what?" He questioned.

"Early birthday." I answered quickly.

"Oh." He said ending the conversation and I sighed in relief. I was glad that he didn't question any further.

"Dear, I got paged for work early. Can you ride with Chris?" My mother asked reading through her texts. I sighed sorrowfully.

"Sure." I was not looking forward to riding with Chris and his friends again.

After I finished my breakfast, I walked outside with Chris and I got in the front seat of his truck.

The ride was silent on the way to Josh's house. There was nothing really to say so I just looked around Chris' truck to keep entertained. His truck was in need of a good clean. Looking around, I saw a picture of mom, dad, him, and me when we were younger. Tears sprung in my tear ducts at the sight of him, of dad. He hadn't come home in such a long time.