It's Not(e) A Dream- Death Note Fanfiction

Hello! I'm your author, Mattie! I hope you like the story! Please remember to review at the end of the chapters! Negative and positive feedback appreciated! :D Oh, and the girl in here (Mattie) is modeled off of me, so her quirks, favourite things and stuff she wears is like a copy of myself, besides the sister. I have a younger, not older and her name ISN'T Jessica (mai BFFLE's name ;D)! Hehe, I can sit like L... :3

Disclaimer: I don't own Death Note or Fruits Basket or anything else of great improtance. If I did, then I would be making a separate series full of BL and I would buy all of teh sweets in the world. :D

Oh, and sorry about the profanities. I swear a lot in real life, so when I write it kind of comes naturally. More so when I'm in a bad mood. :3 Oh, and next chapter, the characters will be doing the intro with me! :D

Oh, and just to let you know, Mattie (the OC) is in fact, 13. Her sister (an unimportant OC) is 17.

BTW) Lawliet is pronounced 'Low-let', not 'Law-lee-ett'.

:I enjoy..?

I sat back at my desk, just finishing my homework, before my sister slammed the door open and I saw Near run under the bed.

"Damn it! Get back here Near before I lock you up in your cage again!" I say as my older sister, Jessica, looks at me like I'm crazy.

"Mattie, I don't think he understands you.. He is a dirty little rat after all.." she sighs

"He isn't a rat! He's a rare, beautiful, albino…."

"Mouse, yeah, I know."

I sighed longingly at the forlorn white mouse in my hand. "Near… If only you were the real Near."

Jessica walked out of the room, shrugging. "Mom! I can't get Mattie to stop being an anti-social anime-freak and come get some freakin' dinner!

"Shut up Jessica. You were obsessed with 'Fruits Basket' a year ago." I scowled, carefully putting Near into his cage, and locking it, walking out the door after her.

We made it downstairs without trying to kill eachother (which is a first, I might add) and sat at the table. Mom came to the table with a pizza box.

"Yes! Pizza!" "Yuck! Pizza!" My sister and I said in unison.

"Mattie, how could you dislike pizza?" Jessica questioned

"I just... don't. Mom, I'll go make some onigiri."

"Onigiri?"

"Riceballs."

"If you eat too much rice you'll get fat. SO many carbs." she sneered

"Said the fatass eating pizza." I cleverly retorted

"Actually, girls, did you know that the Asian population of the world are among the healthiest eaters?" Mom interjected.

"What!?" 'Yes, mom."

I smirked and walked into the kitchen, cooking some rice in the cooker and filling it with beef, before "taping" it shut with a strip of nori, which, is in fact, seaweed. Then I walked back out into the dining room, deftly avoiding my sister's foot as she tried to trip me. I smirked at her and dug into my sushi.

After I was done, I ran back up to my room and switched on my laptop, locking the door. It was nearly eight, so I switched on my computer, eager to at least do my homework before I watched anime. Somehow, by watching Death Note, I have improved my grades a lot. I think that it's the mixture of slowing down an comprehending things... and the way that L sits. I adapted it well. Unfortunately, it wasn't the only thing I adapted from the anime. I also took Near's obsessive stacking of things, Mello's short temper fuse and L's unhealthy addiction to sugar, which, consequently, caused me to become an insomniac. Or at least have a really fucked up sleeping schedule. I giggled as I whipped through the algebraic fraction sheet, and shot through the science work faster than a speeding bullet. Finally, after it was all done, I sighed happily and took Near out of his cage, popping a Death Note DVD into my laptop. Near curled up in my hand during the first five minutes and fell asleep, while I eagerly watched every second of the series (well, eight episodes) for the bagillionth time. Once it was over, I sighed unhappily. It was now ten minutes past eleven, and there was no way I could go to sleep, not yet. Finally, it was 11:11 PM. I closed my eyes and wish like I do every night.