Chapter 12: Rescue Mission

The Froakie followed Phoenix through the forest to his friends. After a few minutes, they finally made it back.

"I found some help" Phoenix chirped.

"Hi there! I'm Delta and I'm a fellow Starter Squad member happy to help anyone in need. I've heard from your little Fletchling friend that a Skitty was giving you trouble. Well I think my Frubbles could help protect you from the move Sing and I think I'll help you a little bit as well if you don't mind."

"We don't mind at all. We appreciate you assisting us." Amethyst replied.

The Froakie nodded. "My pleasure."

"Well shall we get going?" Sparks added.

Everyone nodded as Delta gave everyone a set of Frubbles to put in their ears and they set off to find Kate.

They followed Dusk's sent to a small den. "Dusk's scent stops here, so they must be inside. Let's go!" Lightning said.

They slowly entered the cave and looked around the inside to find Dusk.

They heard feminine giggles coming from a small space in the back. They all slowly crawled through to see Dusk and Kate chasing each other around the room.

Lightning's cheeks sparked in anger. "She'll pay for stealing my mate from me by force..." she growled quietly.

Kate stopped running around when she felt their presence. "I know your here, Pikachu! Reveal yourself!"

The group came out and glared down at the Skitty.

Kate noticeably swallowed nervously from seeing the large group. She shook her head and attempted to recompose herself. "You want a fight. Then a fight is what you're going to get!" She told them, going into a battle stance. She started off using the move Sing.

It had no effect on them. She gasped in surprise, "what?!"

"Not so confident now, are you Skitty cat." Lightning giggled.

"Grrrr!!! How is this possible?!" Kate growled.

"It's our little secret that you don't need to know about!" Shade replied with a grin.

Kate used Attract but Shade used Protect.

"It's our turn now!" Lightning used Thunderbolt but it was countered by Dusk's Shadow Ball.

Kate giggled mischievously. "Well atleast I have one companion on my side."

Lightning growled. "That you are enslaving..."

"Which is also why this Skitty needs to be defeated and locked up by the Starter Squad for her crimes of enslaving Pokémon." Delta stated.

"Ha! Good luck with that!" Kate used Copycat and used Thunderbolt against them.

The group quickly got out of the way of the attack.

Dusk used Iron Tail, aiming for Lightning but she countered it with her own.

"I don't want to hurt Dusk but we also need to defeat Kate and it's very difficult to do so when Dusk is preventing us from hitting her..." Lightning thought.

"Amethyst, Shade... you distract Dusk from protecting Kate. Phoenix you help them if they need it. Delta, Electra, Sparks, Chase and I will take care of the Skitty." Lightning explained.

"Got it!" The group replied in unison.

Amethyst used Psychic to keep Dusk from moving as Delta and the Pikachu Quad walked towards Kate.