Chapter 6: The deserted village

Dusk groaned as he regained consciousness from the nightmare. His eyes slowly fluttered open as he tried to take in his surroundings. Lightning slowly opened her eyes groggily to see the forest back to its normal state as she was free from the nightmare and her stone prison. Dusk turned his head towards Lightning as she came into focus.

"Lightning," he called out to her.

"Dusk?! Dusk!" She yelled as she heard him call out to her. She turned her head to see him once again.

"Ack! Not too loud! I'm right here," Dusk cried as he winced at her booming voice.

"Sorry..." Lightning apologized. "Where's the others?" She asked lowering her voice down. Dusk was about to open his mouth when they hear groans coming from beside them.

"Huh... What was that?' Lightning asked as she began to hear murmuring from beside them.

"Can you guys keep it down" Chase whined.

"Yeah, we're trying to sleep" Sparks replied.

"What's going on?" Electra asked.

"Heh, nice to see you all too," Dusk replied with a smile.

"Wait... Where's Amethyst and Phoenix" Lightning asked.

Dusk's eyes darted around the Pikachus in search for the Espeon and Fletchling. "That is a good question. They were with us weren't they?" he asked Lightning.

'Yeah, they were' She answered.

Soon enough, Sparks heard purring behind him.

"Huh," he uttered as he turned around to see a bush. Curiously he peaked into it to find the source of the sound. What he saw surprised him. He saw a certain Espeon and Fletchling. "I found them!" he called out.

Everyone's ears perked upon hearing Sparks. They soon approached him to the bush as they found the two still sleeping. "She sure does sleep peacefully," Chase commented. Receiving strange glances from Sparks and Electra.

"What," Chase said, confused of the expressions he received.

Lightning began to shake Amethyst awake. "Wake up, Amethyst" she said. She did the same to Phoenix.

"How did you get all the way over here? Were you sleepwalking?" Lightning asked.

"L-Lightning?" Amethyst said as she stretched her legs. "I don't know. I thought this was where we were sleeping at first."

"You weren't with us in the tree that Phoenix found last night for us to sleep in this morning when we all woke up" Lightning answered.

"Oh I see," Amethyst replied as she got up to her feet. " I guess I may have, I don't remember. I had a horrible nightmare of what happened several months ago."

"Us too" they all replied at the same time.

"So we were all in the same nightmare? That's odd?" Amethyst pondered as her expression changed.

"Yeah, it is" Lightning replied until she realized about what she said in the nightmare. "It must have been Darkrai" she thought to herself out loud. Everyone aside Lightning and Amethyst gasped.

"Darkrai?!" They cried.

"Yes it seems like the most logical answer" Amethyst replied.

"He is the master of nightmares" Lightning replied.

"I've heard stories about him," Dusk said.  "It is said he has the ability to curse any Pokémon into an eternal nightmare."

"Yeah, and apparently make Pokémon have the same nightmares" Lightning replied.