Chapter 7: Hungry predators and an angry encounter

Everyone rushes through the forest back to where Sparkle was hidden. They ran as fast they could as Shade stayed beside Amethyst.

As soon as they reached the hideout, they were shocked upon what they saw. There was a pack of Meowths with their Persian leader trying to get a certain sleeping Pichu in a hole.

"Oh no!! Sparkle!! She's in trouble!!" Electra gasped.

"Crud, that's a handful of them, too" Dusk stated.

"Holy Miltank there is, what do we do?!" Lightning asked.

"We may be able to surround them from all sides and have ourselves appear as a larger group" Amethyst said.

"Ok we will try it, but what if they attack?" Lightning asked.

"Then we will show them we would be easily intimidated. One of our own are in danger" Thunder said.

"Thunder is right" Dusk said. "Lightning you can still use iron tail so you can block any attacks with it, Electra and I attack from the right side of the pack. Amethyst and Sparks will get the other side. Thunder and Shade will take the middle. Phoenix will cover us from above and Chase will stay hidden here in the bush."

"Okay, let's do this" Lightning replied.

Everyone nods and gets into position.Chase hid behind the bushes and Phoenix flew up in the sky without the Meowth Clan knowing and the rest of them surround the Clan in all directions.

"Argh, I can't reach it Darkstar, it's too far inside" one of the Meowth complained.

"Keep trying, Prince, I'm hungry" the Persian named Darkstar meowed. Darkstar looked around to see Lightning, Dusk, Sparks, Electra, Amethyst, Thunder and Shade with  Phoenix flying above them.

"Leave her alone!!!" Lightning snarled.

"Attack!!!" Darkstar growled, flicking his tail as a signal for the Meowths to go. Thunder unleashed Thunderbolt upon 2 Meowths as Dusk and Lightning beat a few more down with their iron tail.

"You can't use her as prey!!" Lightning yelled slapping a Meowth across the face with iron tail. The Meowth was sent flying back into a tree trunk, as he fainted from the impact.

"Let's see about that, mouse-brain" Prince mewed.

"Shut your Meowth" Lightning screamed, slapping him with iron tail.
"Ouch! Prince yowled. "You little runt!" Prince charged at her and scratched her.

"Ow..." Lightning winced in pain as she slapped Prince again with iron tail. You are a bad kitty!!!" She yelled.

Prince was sent flying into the dirt face first. He spits out the dirt that gathered into his mouth upon impact. He turned his head and growled at the Pikachu staring at him.

"Now leave!!!!" Lightning yelled breathing heavily.

"We're not going anywhere without our meal!" Prince retorted as he unsheathed his claws.

"Meal?! You aren't planning to eat her, are you?!" Lightning glared at him.

"And what if I am?" Prince cackled with a smug grin.