Chapter 16

Elijah's p.o.v
I had gone to clear my head. My mother, Sarah, had left in a hurry, fleeing quickly. She planned to head up north across the borders.
Everything I did next was in a fit of rage. I could only see red. I was angry, I was confused. I knew what the note was and now my mother was gone, leaving me in charge of a pack and a mate that I had put in danger.
I can remember beating my anger into a good-for-nothing prisoner and then shifting to clear my head. I had spent the full day running.
Running from my pack, from the note, from my past.

I arrived back in the dead of night, concealed by the darkness. I shifted back, preparing my explanation of my disappearance.
-
I didn't remember falling asleep. I remember arriving back at the house but not my route back to my bed.
Despite my splitting headache, I attempted to force my eyes open.
The pain was getting worse in the back of my head and I swore I could feel a liquid in my hair and running down my neck.
I reached my hand out to wipe away the liquid only for the skin on my wrists and arms to feel a burning sensation. I howled in pain, tugging at what I discovered were chains which restrained my arms.
I couldn't move. The metal was burning through my flesh.
What the heck was going on? And where was I? Looking up, my blurred vision made out a set of black bars in front of me.
Was I in jail??
My eyesight began to refocus, revealing Nina's smug face staring at me from inbetween the bars.
I growled in frustration, causing some small rocks to fall from the walls.
"Well," she said, resting against the bars "who's the big bad alpha now?"
--
Nina's p.o.v
I smiled while he snarled, feeling quite pleased with myself.
When Elijah arrived back he was already tired and the small needle in his side sent him straight off to sleep. Then it was as simple as clanking him in chains, shutting the door and throwing away the key.
"Nina" he growled.
"Yes my dear" I replied, smiling sweetly.
"Get me out of here. Now." He ordered.
I leant close to the bars, pressing my face close to the bars.
"Or what?"
"NINA!" He growled loudly, the shout echoing around the hollow dungeons.

I clapped my hands in a smug joy.
"Look at this. The poor helpless alpha. Now you know how it feels"
"Jace" Elijah shouted.
Jace peeked out from behind a staircase.
"Fetch the key now, and I won't punish either of you"
"She um...."
"Spit it out"
"Alpha nina threw it away"
I smiled again.
"You will stay here until you've learnt how to treat people. You can stay here with the rest of the prisoners, see if they can teach you something"
He only growled in response, so I turned to leave.
"oh and if I'm feeling extra nice I'll come down here and vent anger out on you. After all, what's a little beating and a few punches to a strong alpha like you?"
I strutted away quickly up the stairs bringing Jace with me. At the top I closed the door, muffling out Jace's shouts.
Let's see how he survives 2 weeks in the cellars.

---

Hiiii
Hope you all had a lovely Christmas and a happy new year 🎉✨🎇