Chapter 10

'It's true that I'm a silver shadow, And you are always on my mind. You, you need to get over here, we'll disappear' - The Cab : Can you keep a secret?

The song above is kind of the soundtrack to this book :)

Btw Thank you for 10,000 reads you beautiful people!

--

Nina's P.O.V

I ran into my bedroom and slammed the door behind me. My anger was building and I was fighting an inner battle with my wolf. She was going wild inside my head, my eyes constantly flashing between blue and sliver as my wolf threatened to make an appearance.

How can someone even be so cruel and heartless?! I mean I get angry and I'm hot headed like Elijah sometimes, I'll happily admit that - but killing someone out of anger? That's where I draw the line.

I heard the door open behind me, causing me to howl in annoyance.

"Get. Out" I growled at Elijah, wincing as my body began to shake. Often when I shifted out of anger the change would become painful for me. I never knew why.

"Nina, you're hurting yourself! Just stop!" Elijah cried out. I tightened my eyes shut as my bones pushed against my skin, threatening to break. I fell to the floor writhing in pain as my anger took over me. I couldn't control it anymore, my wolf was breaking through and pushing to the surface. It couldn't happen. I couldn't risk letting anyone know about my white wolf form. My body cried out in pain as my playsuit began to rip from my growing figure. This was it. My secret was going to be revealed.

-

My eyes quickly shot open as the anger suddenly drained out of my body. I felt all of my muscles relax and a soft hand stroked my head soothingly. I took deep breaths, letting my chest rise and fall. I let out a sigh of relief knowing that the pain was gone. I lay there for a little while longer letting my body come to its senses. It was here that I noticed the sparks fluttering through me and the warm body which was by my side. Although his presence soothed me greatly I knew exactly who it was and it annoyed me knowing he had stopped my pain. I shot up off the ground to see Elijah staring up at me, concern filling his eyes. There was a moment of silence as we both stared at each other not knowing what to say.

Another spark of anger flickered in me knowing that the one who provoked my wolf was also the one who could calm my wolf down. I raised my eyebrows in question when he stood up and removed his shirt before holding it out for me to take. My face flushed red as I realised that my playsuit had ripped down the back causing it to now rest just below my hips, my bra-cladded chest on full show. I quickly threw his shirt on over my head, and after realising it came down just below my mid-thigh, I tugged off my ruined playsuit. HIs eyes travelled up my bare legs before he shook his head to snap himself out of it.

"I take it we need to talk about some things then?" Elijah muttered, rubbing the back of his neck with his hand. I had barely paid attention to what he said as my eyes were fixed on his bare torso, taking in his muscular physique.

"Nina are you even listening to me?" he said in exasperation snapping me out of my drooling state.

"What? Oh um yeah we need to talk" I agreed before leaning my back against the wall

"so talk"

I think he expected me to talk first as he looked slightly taken back and stumbled on his words.

"oh right, um, yeah, so" he stopped before letting out a long sigh and starting again. "Obviously we ran our packs in very different ways"

I scoffed at this and rolled my eyes "You mean that I was a nicer Alpha who didn't kill innocent people to let out my anger whereas you did" I snapped back.