Chapter 7

'Cause you left me, police tape, chalk line. Tequila shots in the dark scene of the crime. Suburban living with a feeling that I'm giving up everything for you' - All Time Low: Damned If I Do Ya (Damned If I Don't)

Elijah's P.O.V

I growled in annoyance as she strutted away from me, her hips swaying dangerously in an effort to tease me further. I tensed my jaw and screwed my fists up in an attempt to keep calm and not run and take her right there. Having her that close, her chest against mine, her fingertips lightly skimming the back of my neck, her breath in my ear; it made me realise how much I want her. No. How much I need her.

I don't know how she was managing to resist it. Yes female alphas are rare making her extremely powerful but it seem like there is something more to her. Something I needed to find out.

--

I headed back to my own pack territory where Jace was breaking the latest news of the joining of the packs. I smirked a bit in pride at the large size of my pack. The crowd of people stretched for hundreds of metres with some people settling on the branches of surrounding trees in order to hear what Jace was saying.

"As Alpha Elijah is mates with the Alpha of the Silver Moon pack, we have come to the decision that the packs will be joined as one. A new, modernised and larger pack house will have to be built in the centre of the new territory. Do not worry, you will all be accommodated for and the move will be as swift and easy as we can possibly make it. The new pack will be called the Red Moon pack and I expect you all to be as proud to be apart of that  pack as you are of this one"  

Many in the pack shouted out complaints and questions.

'What if we don't like the new pack?'

'How does this benefit us?'

'Will you be replaced as Beta?'

'What's the new Luna like?'

'How come the Alpha's mate is an Alpha as well?'

Jace held his hands up for silence.

"If you don't like the new pack, tough. And it will benefit the pack in many ways. The new pack will be richer, larger, more powerful and more influencial. We are not sure how Alpha Nina came to be an Alpha female any more than you do so I'm afriad we will just have to accept it. However we all know that when an Alpha finds their mate their pack becomes stronger. Therefore both packs will strengthen and the joined packs will be a force not to be reckoned with" There were a few nods of approval at this point "No I will not be replaced as Beta. You will have two Betas from now on, me and another from the other pack called Matthew. I suggest you get to know him and earn his respect as he holds just as much power as I do. I have only met the new Luna twice and both times were very brief but from what I gathered she is very smart, determined, loyal to her pack ad strong-minded. I suggest you also try your best to earn her respect as well."

'Is she a hot?'  a 17 year old unmated wolf calls out from the crowd causing a murmur of laughter to ripple through the pack. Before Jace had answered I had tackled the boy to the ground.

"What's it to you if she's hot? Yes she is but that is none of your business" I release him before calling out to the rest of the pack.

"If I hear anyone talking about my mate like that or even looking at her in the wrong way, you will be sorry. Is that understood?" I growled out.

"Yes Alpha" came the chorused reply.

--

The next day I woke up extremely early, still slightly angry about the comments made about my mate yesterday. She was mine. I stormed through the pack house and out of the back door. I needed a run. I quickly changed into my large black wolf form and headed towards the large mountain range which lay just within my pack territory. I ran up the steep rocky terrain, closer towards the snowy peak trying to figure out all that was going on. No matter how much I tried to avoid it, my mind always wandered back to my mate.