Chapter 6

'She's a rebel. She's a saint. She's salt of the earth. And she's dangerous. She's a rebel. Vigilante. Missing link on the brink of destruction' - Green Day : She's a rebel

---

Nina's P.O.V

I whipped my head around expecting an angry Caine to be tackling Seth to the ground in a rage of jealousy. But Caine was standing right behind me looking just as bewildered and shocked as I did. Thea was in hysterics, screaming with tears rushing down her face.

The figure attacking Seth had his back to me so I couldn't see his face. Seth responded quickly jabbing his elbow into his attackers side and pushing himself up off the ground, preparing to fight. Both figures had their claws out and were growling at each other. Before anyone could advance again I let out a loud growl. I suppose most would have called it a roar. My pack cowered in fear, submitting to their Alpha and both men stopped and looked at me. Thats when I caught a glimpse of his face. My mate.

"Nina" he breathed out. My wolf lurched in delight in response to him saying my name but I refused to conform to him that quickly.

"Alpha" another voice yells and me and Eli both whip our heads around in response.

I recognise his beta running through the crowd panting slightly.

"What are you doing here Jace?" Eli growls.

"You just ran off! In the middle of a conversation! No 'oh by the way Jace I'm just going off to intercept the assassin I hired to kill my mate even though you warned my against it', no 'I'll be back later'. You are utterly and completely bonkers. I swear you should pay me for putting up with you" Jace ranted running his hand through his hair in frustration.

"So you pay me shit loads to kill some chick and then try and kill me for doing my job? What the heck is wrong with you?" Seth says, Thea tucked protectively under his arm.

"SHUT UP!" Eli roared. Everyone went silent.

"Now Nina will come back with me to my pack and we can forget all about this" he said calmly. He headed towards me and attempted to hug me, nestling his head into the crook of my neck.

I quickly shoved him backwards, glaring at him.

"You've got to be kidding me?! Are you actually that arrogant that you think I'm just going to go with you calmly and innocently? You. just. tried. to. kill. me" I spat out at him "and I don't want to be part of your damn pack, I would rather stick pins in my eyes".

He growled at me, coming towards me. Jace quickly jumped in front of me.

"Hey hey hey maybe we should talk about this! You know pack to pack, Alpha to Alpha?" he suggested.

"Fine. Just you, your beta can attend" I decree before turning towards the pack house.

"And you two as well" I point towards Thea and Seth.

"Yeah what about me?" Caine mutters glaring at everyone, "you just get to abandon me?" he yells at Thea earning a growl from Seth.

"You've had a mate, you know how she feels. You were the one to take the risk even after I warned you about it. You have no-one to blame but yourself" I say bitterly to him.

"And if your going to be an angry pain in my ass then I suggest you take a run somewhere to cool off" I suggest coldly before entering back into the pack house.

--

To say the atmosphere in my office was tense was a understatement. I was already annoyed.

My damn mate tried to have me killed

and to top it all off he expects me to run into his arms in some romantic act of love and forgive him just like that. Not a hope in hell.