6

*Friendly warning: there might be a little bit of smut towards the end*

Narrator's POV

"You know what, I'm actually jealous that your ex has a whole ass song about him and I don't," Y/N randomly said while strumming on Lauren's guitar. 

Similarly to yesterday, they were in her room on her bed again and the Y/E/C-eyed girl was messing around with her electric guitar again. What was different this time was that they did manage to get the rest of the footage done. This was where they filmed the final scene of the day, where Lauren's reading a book and Y/N just suddenly popped up at the end of her bed, kind of as a figment of her imaginations. 

They purposefully arranged to film this as the last because this gave them the opportunity to hang out here for another while after filming is over. The crew had already left again, so it was only them here right now. 

Lauren looked over at her and chuckled. "It's not like it's a romantic love song. Why would you be jealous?"

Y/N tilted her head to face the ceiling as she tried to recall the lyrics. She's been listening to the song on repeat for two days because of all the filming, and she barely noticed how sad the lyrics lowkey were. "You're stringing me along, you know exactly what to do. I know you don't want me but I still want you," the Y/E/C-eyed girl recited from her memory. "Wow, if I had a song about me with lyrics like these, I would not wanna be in that music video at all. Does he even feel bad about it?"

"It's not that... bad...?" the raven-haired girl tried with a small shrug. 

"I mean, yeah, it's not like the entire song is about how bad he's messing with you and makes you feel like you're losing your mind," Y/N said, rolling her eyes. "Bro, he better not show his face again."

Lauren smiled at how protective she was being. She crawled over to where she was sitting and loosely wrapped her arms around her neck. "Just for your information, I do have songs that are about you."

Y/N raised her eyebrows in surprise before frowning a little. "I don't know why but that just made me anxious to find out what they're exactly about." And also maybe because she's done a little research on Lauren's solo songs and none of them are really about being in love, all of them are just about how toxic a person or the relationship is. 

"Don't worry, it's not as bad as this one," Lauren said reassuringly as she backed away again. 

"So... the song titles?" 

"Right."

Well, Lauren didn't wanna make it too easy and decided to make it a little guessing game. She put their Hearts On Fire Mixtape on the vinyl player and told her to guess which song was about her. They lied side by side on the raven-haired girl's bed, both of them with their eyes up, staring at the ceiling above of them. Their hands were slightly brushing against each other's as they just silently listening to the LP. 

Something about this moment was oddly peaceful and intimate. It almost felt like they weren't only just listening to the same song, lying in the same bed, breathing the same air... it's like they were sharing the same heartbeat and thinking about the same thing as well. They were in fact thinking about the same thing though. Both of them were reflecting on their relationship, each on her own, thinking about how they ended up like this and what could've happened if they never broke up five years ago. And most importantly, they were wondering whether the other was thinking about the same thing too, feeling the same things too now. 

The last song on the vinyl ended and complete silence washed over the room.

Lauren turned her head to look over at her ex. "So..."