7

Narrator's POV

So... it's been a couple of days since Lauren and Y/N last saw each other.

They've already finished filming the music video, so very technically said, they had no reason to hang out anymore. Lauren had hoped that Y/N would continue to talk to her after all of this, but she's gone completely silent as if they've never run into each other again. She thought she made it pretty clear that she still liked her very much, but apparently it wasn't clear enough for the Y/E/C-eyed girl. Or she just simply didn't care about her anymore.

It's really making her wonder whether that afternoon they shared on the bed meant anything to her. At the moment, it felt like she was making love to her but... what if it was in fact nothing more than just some goodbye sex with an ex.

All these thoughts were just messing with Lauren's head. Did she even feel the butterflies she felt when they were kissing or was the spark already gone on her part? She pulled her phone out of her pocket and stared blankly at it for a second.

What if she really didn't mean anything to the Y/E/C-eyed girl anymore? This will only make her come off as clingy then, and she'll also make a fool out of herself for being so delusional.

Her mind was screaming for her to just shoot her a casual text, it's not gonna be the end of the world if she's not replying anymore. But her heart was telling her that it will be the end of the world, she's going to set up a dumb expectation and her heart wasn't ready to take another disappointment from the same girl. Besides, she wasn't in love with her five years ago, what makes her think she'll suddenly be now.

She clutched harder onto her phone. Okay, fuck it, she's not going to do it.

Just when she wanted to put the device away again, an incoming text popped up on her screen. She felt too scared to even check who's texted her. Once she saw the name on her phone, her heart stopped beating for a second. God, what are you playing, she thought.

[1:23 PM] Y/N: hey

[1.23 PM] Y/N: soooo

[1.23 PM] Y/N: i was just wondering if

[1.23 PM] Y/N: you know

[1.23 PM] Y/N: you wanna hang out?

[1.24 PM] Y/N: its cool if you dont want to tho

[1.24 PM] Y/N: like no hard feelings

[1.24 PM] Y/N: but i just thought maybe

[1.25 PM] Y/N: sorry for spamming. idk why i couldnt say that in one single text like a normal person

Lauren stared at her screen again, this time with surprise written all over her face. This was not what she was expecting at all. She tried to compose herself as much as possible and quickly typed down a response. Y/N told her to just wait at her house and that she'll pick her up, which gave her more time to fuck around with her closet. She really had no idea what the Y/E/C-eyed girl was planning to do. Hanging out seemed like something pretty casual, right? And she didn't say it was a date or anything, so she should just keep it simple. But she also didn't want to keep it too simple because she still wanted to impress her ex in some way.

And what should she do with her hair? Should she just let it flow down her shoulders the way it is now or should she do her hair up? Wait, she's barely ever even done her hair up. What if she does a half up half down? That looks cute, right? Or what if she straightens it?

Before she knew it, she's spent half an hour just overthinking her endless of options in front of the mirror. She hasn't felt so nervous and excited for a date for so long, and this wasn't even a date. The last time she was so psyched out was probably for her first date, also with this Y/E/C-eyed girl. What was she even doing to her?