4

Narrator's POV

"C'mon, pick up," Dani mumbled as she removed the phone from her ear and went to put it on speaker so that everyone else can hear it too. 

A few rings later, the call's finally being picked up. 

"Hello, anonymous number...?" 

"It's Dani--"

"How do you have my number?" Y/N asked confused. 

She could go on explaining how she's stolen Lauren's phone to get her number, but that's not that important right now. "Don't worry about that. Just drop whatever you're doing right now and come over, now."

There was a silence from the other side of the line before some shuffling around was heard. "Uh... may I know why?" She had a lecture in less than an hour, and since the attendance is kinda mandatory for this class, she'd like to at least have more information first. With how urged Dani's sounded though, she's already crawled out of her bed and started getting ready. 

"We just posted our new video, the fans freaked out and now Lauren's locked herself up in the room," Dani explained. Literally, the entire live chat and comment section of the video was flooded with the fans talking about the two of them. The comments ranged from them being curious who the Y/E/C-eyed girl was to... people expressing their disgust on their *mildly* flirty banter. 

They've been trying to get Lauren out of her room since, but she just wouldn't budge. Amy was still trying upstairs. Searching Y/N up was like their last solution. She should also be their best shot though, but... she's kinda the origin of the problem too, so... 

After about 10 minutes, Y/N came bursting through their front door and went straight to Lauren's room. She knocked on the door. "Hey, it's me," she called out.

Even though this was Lauren and Amy's house, the rest of the sisters was here too because Amy panicked once she saw Lauren's reaction and had called everyone over. The younger one just suddenly slammed her laptop shut and stormed up to her room without a word earlier, and when she opened the laptop again, the premiere of their video was playing, so she just put two and two together. 

Just when they thought that Y/N can't get in either, the door they were all standing in front of suddenly opened. Lauren cautiously came out of the room. She used her sleeve to wipe away her tears before wrapping her arms around the Y/E/C-eyed girl's neck in a tight embrace.

Her sisters have been trying for almost an hour now to no avail. All Y/N did was say three simple words and she succeeded in less than 30 seconds. The five Cimorelli's exchanged glances with each other before they silently agreed to just leave the two some space and made their way downstairs again. 

Y/N reciprocated the hug and ran her fingers through Lauren's hair. "Shh, I'm here now. I actually highly doubt that'll make anything better, but--"

"Shut up, you do make me feel better," Lauren muttered out against her, cutting her off. She buried her face deeper into her ex's neck and sighed. 

She gave it another five minutes before she pulled away and led her inside her room. While she went to plop down on her bed, Y/N stayed standing there by her desk. She rolled her eyes and reached to grab her hand, pulling her down on the mattress with her. 

The Y/E/C-eyed girl immediately scooted back a little, leaving more space between them. "I'm sorry," she said softly.

"What?"

Y/N looked down on the blankets she was sitting on and just mindlessly fiddled with it. "I looked through the comments on my way here... the fans are hating on you for flirting with me."