Army Brat Ch.5

Chapter 5

   How I got home from school is a blur. Some how I made it home, and here I stand in the middle of my room full of boxes. I find my radio and pull out some CDs and set them on my dresser. I slip in a Carrie Underwood CD and start unpacking. I put most of my close in my semi-big closet, carefully folding and putting away my many pairs of jeans and shirt in my dresser draws and throw all my bras and underwear in the top draw. I line my shoes up along the bottom of the wall in the closet.

   It takes me about four hours to unpack all the boxes, putting my CDs and DVDs up and putting ever single book on my book shelf. I flop down on my queen sizes bed. God I didn’t relies how tired I was. The events of the morning come flooding back. Some guy grabbing my ass, me threaten to break his arm if he ever did it again, Gus grabbing my wrist and groping me, josh punching him in the nose. I try and swallow the lump that forms in my throat and will the tears to go away but as I blink the tears start to slowly slide down my face into my hair line. I don’t know how long I laid in bed crying, but I ended up falling into a deep sleep.

    I wake up in my bed and look at my alarm clock, 4:15 am. I groan and roll over, my head is throbbing from a dull headache. I get up and stumble into the bathroom turning on the light and nearly blinding myself. It only takes a couple seconds for my eyes to adjust to the light, I look and the mirror and smile. My yes aren’t puffy from crying at all. I turn on my shower and strip down before jumping in and letting the warm water run over my body. I look at my wrist and thank god that there is only a slight bruise and that I can cover it with a couple bracelets.

    I jump out of the shower and dry off, I plug in my curling iron and let it heat up while I get dressed. I head over to my closet and throw open the doors. I swear I went through almost ever article of clothing before deciding on a flowing shirt that shows off a little bit of my back and a pair of boot cut jeans that make my butt look good. I pull out a pair of pink flip flops and slip them on before walking back to the bathroom to blow dry my hair. By the time I’m done drying and curling my hair it’s 6:30. I pin my bangs up so they stay out of my eyes put on some mascara before running down stairs. I notice the dishes in the sink as I walk to the fridge and automatically know my mom left for work already. I put the dishes in the dish washer and grab a yogurt from the fridge. I grab my keys and lock the garage door.

    Time for some Starbucks. I think to myself as I pull out the driveway.

   The drive to school only takes five minute but because I went to star bucks and grabbed as Peppermint Mocha Grande Frappuccino it took me about twenty minutes. Luckily I park just as the warning bell rang. I take my seat a seat in first period just as the bell rings. I look around a notice Ian and Nick sitting in the front talking about something, Brittany, Catlin and Jennifer sit a couple rows across from me. Catlin looks over and waves and I give her a small smile.

    The whole class period consisted of the teacher yammering on about some homework that everybody but me had to do last night. Thank god because it was like a five paragraph essay about some crap I never learned at my old school. When the bell rings I get up to leave but the teacher asks me to stay.

   “Ms. Star will you stay a moment?” Mr. Potter ask.

   “Sure.” I shrug and lean against one of the desk. I watch him shuffle through some papers before looking up at me. I give him a tight smile and take a sip of my Frappuccino.

   “Since your new here you don’t have to do the homework, we’ll be having a test tomorrow so be prepared to take notes from the book.” he smiles reveling coffee stained teeth.

    “Okay.” I say a walk out. I notice Brittany and the others standing by the locker waving me over. I smile and think to myself, At least they’re not matching today. Today Brittany wears a skirt with a long sleeved shirt, Catlin wears skinny jeans and a tank top, and Jennifer wears a pair of cut of shorts and a very tight t-shirt.

   “Hey, your sitting with us at lunch right?” Brittany ask when I stop in front of them.

   “No, she’s having lunch with me.” Josh says as he slings his arm around my should. I shrug it off and turn to him.

    “No, I’m not.” I smirk at him and turn back to Brittany, “Yeah, I’ll meet you after Art.” I smile.

   “Awe, come one Arianna, you know you want to have lunch with me.” Josh smiles a smile that would make any girls go weak. I roll my eyes at him, knowing full well he just wants me to be part of his little game.

   “Not even in you dreams, Anderson.” I smirk at him and walk away. I turn the corner as I look over my shoulder to see Josh standing with a bunch of girls around him but only looking at me. U turn around just in time to keep myself from running into Ian.

   “Hey.” he smiles

   “Hey, where are you headed?” I ask. I take in his appearance, the blue shirt he’s wearing brings out his blue eyes, he has his blonde hair spiked up a little today do it doesn’t get into his eyes.

   “Um, Lit class.”

   “Oh, I have that class next.” I say

  “Hey, I was wondering, do you want to hang out after school today?” he ask.

  “Uh, I would but I’m going to the mall with Brittany, Catlin and Jennifer.” I shrug, “Maybe some other time.”

   “Yeah, Maybe.” he agrees as the warning bell rings. I hurry off to class and silently curse myself out as I walk into class because the only empty seat is right in front of Josh. I see him smirk at me as I sit down and take out a notebook. I spend the whole class period trying to take note and ignore Josh but he wouldn’t stop playing with my hair or blowing on the back of my neck. I almost turned around in the middle of class and slapped him because he started running the tip of his pencil up and down my back causing me to get goose bumps.