Chapter 11

Hanging out with Ian was fun, we never fought like me and Josh did, we played along the beach all day Saturday making sand castles until the high tide smashed them making us laugh. If we got to hot laying on the beach we'd run into the water and bob up and down till we got to cold. I texted Brittany mid afternoon to tell her Ian had taken me to the beach so she wouldn't worry when she couldn't find me or my stuff when she woke up.

I left my phone in Ian car after lunch because Josh kept calling me or texting me. Honestly I don't know how his number got into my phone but I knew that he was getting on my nerves. After about 5 missed called and 10 new messages from him I stopped reading them and just shut off my phone.

"Hey, it getting late and I think you may have gotten sun burnt." Ian laughs and pokes my shoulder. I wince a little and drag my eyes away from the sun set to scowl at him.

"Don't touch." I glare and slap his hand away when he goes to poke my red shoulder.

"Just take a cold shower when you get home and put aloe on it before you go to bed and you should be fine in a couple days." I nod and turn back to the sun set. I love living here, it's November and I can still swim. Ian promised he'd teach me how to surf later on in the month when he gets his surfing stuff back. Apparently he got it taken away again for getting a bad grade in math.

I shiver a little when the wind starts blowing off the ocean. Even though it's warm during the day it drops like 20 degrees at night. I feel something warm go over my shoulders and I wince a little bit when the material rubs agains my sun burn.

"Thanks." I smile at Ian. I snuggle a little close to him and put my arms through the sleeves of his jacket.

"No problem." he smiles and snakes his arm around my tiny waste. I rest my head against his shoulder and watch the sun go down before getting up and taking Ian's hand.

"I guess I better get you home." I nod and follow Ian up the beach to his car. I tighten his jacket around my shoulder and run my hand through my wavy locks. My hair is still damp from the last swim we took over and 30 minutes ago. I lean my head up against the window and mumble the direction to my house. I don't know how I remembered it, seeing as I've only been here for a couple of days, and have never drove to the beach from my house.

'Hey, wake up Arianna."

"No, I'm sleepy, and I'm warm." I whine and shift positions only to be stopped my something cutting into my neck. I snap awake and look over to Ian.

"Where am I?" I ask and fumble with the seat buckle. I let out an annoyed sigh when I can't seem to unbuckle myself and cross my arms letting a scowl fall on my face.

"Where at your house." Ian smiles and reaches over to unbuckle my seat belt. I give him a small smile and open the door. "Hey," I turn around when Ian touches me arm.

"Walk me to my door?" I ask and see him nod. I slip out of the car and wait for him to walk around to me. I bust out laughing when he trips on the curb and ends up falling on me so we both crash to the ground. I wince when my ass hits the pavement then my shoulders and head. I blink a couple times hoping for my eyes to focus on Ian's face.

"Are you okay?" Ian ask. I can't help but laugh at the worry etch into his face. I nod my head and bite my lip to keep from laughing.

"I'm fine." I breathe and smile when Ian puts his hands on either side of my head and turn my head from left to right checking for damage.

"Are you sure?"

"I'm fine," I laugh and put my hands on either side of his face. "I promise." I give him a cheeky smile which he returns. I soon become very aware that if someone where to drive by right now it wouldn't look to good. With Ian laying on top of me and his hands on either side of my face. Then I become aware that I don't care, this guy laying on top of me is one of the sweetest people I've meet. If Josh had fallen on me he probably would've just got up and wiped his pants off, not even asking me if I was okay.

I snap out of my rambling when I feel a shot of pain go through my shoulder. I bite the inside of my cheek when I feel the material of Ian's jacket rub up against my shoulder. God this must be one bad sun burn. I slide my left hand down to Ian's chest and see his breath falter as I do it. I give him a sexy smile and pull his head down to me.

"Thank you for today. I had a really nice time." I whisper as I brush my lips against his. I see his blue yes darken before he crashes his lips to mine. I let my eyes flutter close and kiss him back. I tangle my hands in his hair and bring him closer to me. Gosh, can this guy kiss.

"Your welcome." Ian whispers back and kisses me again. I smile against his lips. I pull away from him after a couple minutes, both of us breathing hard. I see the from porch light flick on at the neighbors house out of the corner of my eye.

"We ether get up before someone thinks I'm trying to rape you." Ian laughs as he gets off of me. I grab his hand that he offers and let him lift me up. I run my hands over my pants and through my hair hoping I don't look like too much of a mess. Walking in the door with messy hair and dirt on my jeans would not be a good thing. Trust me, it's happened before. I got grounded for a month because my mom thought I was out having sex and doing drugs, but really I was riding bikes with a friend and crashed in the park.

"Thanks." I mumble and start walking to my door. I look over at the driveway and see my moms car is gone. She must have gone out. She never stays in on a Saturday night unless she's sick. I pull out my keys from my purse and unlock the door.

"I would invite you in, but it's getting late and I'm really tired." I say as I turn to Ian and give him a small smile.

"It's okay. I have to go home anyways." he shrugs and stops on the second step so I'm slightly taller than him.

"Okay." I smile and shrug off his jacket and hand it to him. "Thank you, I had a lot of fun even if I got sun burnt and attacked in front of my house." I tease.

"Yeah, sorry about that. Maybe next time we could bring some sun screen."

"Maybe." I shrug. "Well goodnight." I give him a peck on the lips before turning around and stepping inside the house. I give a small wave before he gets in his car and drives away. I shut the front door and lock it before dropping my bag on the floor by the stairs and walking to my room.

I quickly draw me a cool bath and grab my rob and some under wear before looking in the mirror and gasp. I look like a fucking lobster! I can't believe I got so sun burnt! This is gonna take more than a cool bath to go away. I shake my head and strip out of my clothes. My whole body is red, my shoulders are the worst but my stomach, legs, arms and face are a light red. My blonde hair has sun kissed highlights in it making it blonder.

I set into the bath and slowly let myself down into the water, little by little. I shiver when the water reaches my stomach. I lay down until the water is up to my neck and sit there. I close my eyes until the water become tolerable. I drain the water and start up the shower, letting ice cold water run down my body. I wash all the salt out of my hair and just stand in the shower until I feel my eyes get droopy. I shut off the water and climb out. Gently patting my burnt skin down with a towel and rubbing on aloe before slipping on my under wear and rob and walking into my room. I flop down on my bed and close me eyes. The last thought going through my mind before I feel asleep was, boy, a day in the sun sure does wear a girl out.