Chapter 12

By Monday my sun burn was almost gone. My skin was now a pretty pink. I could tell I would have a nice tan, but a lot of peeling, gross. I spent Sunday taking cold baths and showers or watching movies and eating ice cream. Yeah, I'm a fatty, but it's whatever. I'm just glad that by the time I got out of my freezing cold shower Monday morning that my skin didn't scream when I put a bra on, or a shirt.

My mom couldn't touch me, not even hug me Sunday with out me wanting to scream bloody murder. After I screamed at her to stop touching me for the fifth time she got the hint and just stayed away from me for the rest of the day.

Josh kept trying to call me and text me but I refused to talk to him. I'm not going to be talking to him anytime soon. I can give the silent treatment for days, my mom got the silent treatment for three weeks after she pissed me off one time, and I live with her. Imagine how hard that was.

I spent the day texting Ian and Brittany. They kept me intertained but not enough to keep my from having cabin fever. When I ran out of Ben & Jerry's ice cream I tried going to the store but didn't make it out the door very far. Once the sun hit my skin I felt tears prick at the corner of my eyes, I felt like my skin was burning off. I ended up asking brittany to come over with ice cream, since my mom had gone out with a 'friend'.

I throw my hair up into a messy wet bun and slide into a pair of jeans and a long sleeve v-neck shirt before slipping on my hot pink converse, grabbing my bag and phone and skipping down stairs.

"Good morning." my mom chirped when I walked into the kitchen.

"Morning." I reply as I grab a cuties orange and a bottle of water from the fridge.

"How's your sun burn, sweetie?"

"Better, it's going pink, and it doesn't hurt when I put on clothes now." I sit down at the breakfast bar and start to peel my cutie. I can't get enough of these, there so yummy, even if they're so tiny.

"That's good. Um, I need to talk to you about something." I look up from my almost all the way peeled orange to my moms nervous face.

"Please, don't tell me where moving again! I love Cali! And I've made friends! I have a boy friend!" I screech.

"No! Where not moving." my mom laughs. I breath a sigh of relief and go back to peeling my orange.

"Then what?" I ask.

"I have to leave on a business trip, I'll be gone for a week or so, I hope thats fine?" I look up at my mom. I'll be home alone, in the huge house, in a new town, all by myself? Can someone say party!

"That's fine." I shrug and take a bite of my orange. I swallow back my excitement, if my mom found out I'm planning on having a party this weekend I'd be grounded and she'd cancel the trip.

"Are you sure? I mean you just got here three day ago." I roll my eyes at my mom. She never worried about me before. Maybe it's because I told her about Ian. Shoot.

"I'll be fine. I can't always ask Brittany if she wants to stay with me." I shrug and finish my orange slices. I take a swing of water before throwing away the peeling and kissing my moms cheek.

"Have a good time on your trip. I'll call your ever night if you want me to." I say as I look into her eyes. I don't want her spending the whole trip worrying about me. Besides the party won't be until Friday. I have all week to plan and buy everything. I bite my lip to keep from smiling and grab my stuff. "I have to get to school, bye, love you."

It takes me five minutes to get to school. I pull into a vacant parking spot by the door and get out only to be greeted by a hug.

"Hey." Ian says when he pulls away from me. I try not to cringe away from him touching me. Fuck it still hurts when people touch me, but it's not as bad as it was yesterday. Thank god.

"Hey." I say and give him a small smile. I lock my car and sling my bag over my shoulder.

"How's your burn?" he ask and rakes my hand intertwining our fingers.

"Better." I shrug. I see Brittany talking to Catlin and Jennifer. I give them a small wave when they see me.

"That's good." Ian smiles. I smile back and lean against my car.

"So how did you not get burnt but I did?" I ask as I play with his fingers and hand.

"Probably because I grew up here, so I'm use to being in the sun all day." Ian states with a shrug.

"That's not fair. See you should of thought about this before you made me spend the day on the beach." I pout. I'm so keeping sun screen in my car from now on.

"Hey now, you ask me to take you." Ian says back.

"Soo, you should have thought about the sun screen." I say and stick out my tongue.

"I will next time. "

"Good, cuz if I get sun burnt like this again I'll make you pay." I give him a stern look causing him to laugh and shake his head.

"Don't laugh at me!" I glare at him. I slap his arm when he keeps laugh. So he thinks I wont get him him back for this? If only he knew the tricks I have up my sleeve.

"I'm sorry." Ian laughs. I give him another glare before dropping his hand and walking away. I only just barley past him before he snakes his arm around my waist and pulls me back to him.

"Let go of me." I say and hit his arm again. I try to push him away when he pins me to the car but fail miserably.

"I really am sorry." Ian says and gives me puppy dog eye before kissing my neck. I look away from him only to see Josh watching us with an unreadable expression on his face. I glare at him before looking away and see people giving us curious stares and whispering to there friends.

"Ian, people are staring at us." I say and put my hands on his arms. I feel him shrug his shoulders and keeps kissing my neck. God that feels good.

"Seriously, people are staring and whispering about us." I say and try to push him away.

"Let's give them something to stare about then." I look at him. Is he serious? I open my mouth to say something only to have Ian crush his lips to mine. I freeze in surprise before wrapping my arms around his neck. Boy this kid can kiss. I move my lips in sync with his as he pulls me closer to him. I pull away after a little while, I can feel someone burning holes in the side of my face. I open my eyes to see Ian smiling. I smile back at him and look away. My eyes instantly land on Josh, I smirk at him as he glares at Ian. Is he jealous? No, Josh would be jealous of me and Ian, would he?

"We better get to class." Ian whispers. I look away from Josh and nod my head. I let him grab my hand and lead me into the school. I smirk at Josh as we pass causing him to glare even more. Serves him right. Treating me like shit just to look cool the trying to call me all day Saturday and Sunday. Hell no, the player is gonna lose at his own game. I swear to it.