one

Brianni
ONE YEAR LATER

The past year has opened my eyes to a lot of things, it also shaped me to become a strong person

The past year has opened my eyes to a lot of things, it also shaped me to become a strong person. I was a vulnerable person back then I used to break easily but all the storms that I faced gave me a back bone and I am very grateful that, I went through all of that to become the strong person that I am today.

A lot has changed now since, I am currently doing my last year and I cannot wait to graduate. I am putting all my 100% in my school work to make sure that I get through this year swiftly I really don't wanna disappoint my mother, not after she has used the last cent of the trust fund on me. Unfortunately Zion and I called it quits for good.

I just realized that we are toxic for each other every time when we have an encounter with each other bad things happen like how I got kidnapped and almost lost my life in matters that I didn't know of.

We're better off separated finding our own happiness with different people. I have a new man in my life... well, he is not entirely new.

Andre and I fell for each other and we decided to try things out and see how it works out. He is a good guy treats me well but there's just a lot of secrecy surrounding him, he is not truly open about his life and I even feel like there's a lot that he is hiding which is putting a bit of a strain in our relationship.

We haven't told our families yet, I mean he is 30 this year and I am only 21 I know age is gonna be a big problem especially for my mother. Another reason why we are silent about it, is because we wanna see where it's headed first before we can be public about it.

We get to see each other a lot now that he has moved out of his mom's home and is renting an apartment not far from his workplace.

It was a lousy boring Friday afternoon and I had decided to spend the whole weekend with him, mom isn't that strict with my whereabouts anymore I think she has finally accepted I am growing up, which is good.

I need to find my feet and become independent anything can happen to her and what's gonna become of me? It's best that I start living for me and learn to be my own person.

He came to pick me up from school, I don't know why he still does that but I love it, I already knew my way to his place becauseI sleep there most of the time. "I'll see you on Monday then..." Layla said giving me a goodbye hug once she saw his car.

"Okay boo, have a good weekend." I smiled at her.

She nodded still mean mugging his car, he parked not too far from us. "I still don't trust that guy." She said playing with her face.

" She said playing with her face