Chapter Twenty Seven: the Battle Part Two

Suddenly, the Weasley girl ran out of the Great Hall.

"Where is she going?" I asked, standing up from Blaise's lap.

"I don't know," Nat hummed, slowly walking out with everyone else.

I pulled Blaise's hand, making him walk with me.

As we got closer, we saw a group of...

"Death Eaters," I breathed, wrapping my arms around myself.

Blaise snaked his arm around my waist.

"And Voldy," Nat added.

"Who's he carrying?" Blaise asked, pointing at the figure in the Gatekeeper's-think it's Hagrid?-arms.

Nat and I squinted to see.

I let out a strangled choke-gasp. "It's Potter," I stated, earning gasps from everyone as they saw the boy's face more clearly.

"Good god. He's finally done it," Blaise drily laughed.

I poked him in the ribs. "Blaise!" I exclaimed, hitting his chest(that was literally the farthest I could reach. I barely came up to his shoulder). "He was literally our only hope!" I hissed, squeezing Nat's hand as she shook.

Nat looked at me fearfully. "He'll spare us, right? He-He has to, right? We're from noble pureblood families!" she cried, holding on to me.

I just stayed quiet. I didn't show it but I was literally drawing in fear. And sadness.

"Ly," a soft voice whispered, touching my shoulder.

I flinched for two reasons. One, I hate being touched by people who just stalk up to me. And two, I was pretty sure my shoulder was either broken or dislocated.

I turned around and my eyes widened. "Where were you, D-"

"No... NO!" someone cries.

"NO!" I heard Mcgonagall scream.

"HARRY!"

"POTTER!"

"NO! NO!"

"HARRY! NO!"

And that bastard of a snake just grinned. Little Voldy Moldy grinned.

"SILENCE!" he yelled as he flicked his wand.

A silencing charm fell on us.

Everyone(almost) looked at the mental bastard with anger and sadness as he addressed us.

"Stupid girl. You cry for that?" He gestured to Potter's body.

"Tell me," he addressed us. "These last few hours -- as you collected the dead and tended your wounded -- was he by your side?" he asked.

Well, I wouldn't know. Maybe he was with you? I thought bitterly, glaring knives at Voldy.

Voldy narrowed his slit-like eyes and Blaise just pulled me closer. "While your hands ran dark with the blood of mothers and sons, fathers and daughters, brothers and sisters, his were clasped in prayer -- but it was a prayer for one and one only. While you battled courageously, until you could no longer will yourself to stand, he had long since fallen to his knees. While you cursed me until your voices grew ragged, he begged me for mercy in a voice as meek as a child's."

I rolled my eyes. For a leader, he was one hell of a drama queen.

Voldy laughed a bitter laugh that chilled me. "So do not cry for that. He's not worthy of your tears. And do not despair of his betrayal. You were never in his heart. Not for one single solitary beat," he said, still laughing.