Chapter Seventeen: Late Night Talks with My Boyfriend

A/N: I'm sorry but it kinda gets a little bit heated in the middle. Sorry. You can skip that part if you want.

We had Double Potions with the Gryffindors first thing the next day. With partners.

"Love," Blaise drawled, sliding into the seat next to me in Potions.

I didn't even greet him. "We're having assigned partners for the whole year," I stated, looking up from my notebook of potions.

Blaise smirked. "I know," he said, lightly kissing me. We were silent as students started to enter the classroom.

Then I heard a soft gasp.

"What?" I snapped, looking behind me. Nat was behind me, holding a piece of my curls, her hand shaking.

"What?" I snapped again.

Nat's brown eyes looked at me. "Your hair is white," she breathed.

Now that got my attention. "Excuse me!" I snatched the lock out of her hands and looked at it. It was pure white.

My eyes widened a fraction.

"Blaise. Blaise," I poked him.

"Yes?" he looked at my hand. "Why is your hair white?" he asked, twirling it on his finger.

"I think-" I got cut off by the door opening-revealing a rather large man.

"Hello class," he greeted. "Sorry I'm late. Got caught up..." he laughed.

My eyes immediately narrowed, as did Draco's.

Professor Slughorn pointed at the three cauldrons at the front of the classroom. "Can anyone tell me what these three potions are?" he asked good-heartedly. I thought I could vomit.

And as usual, Granger's hand flew up.

"Yes, Miss Granger?" He said.

"On the far left is Veritaserum. You can see it by it's mother-of-pearl sheen. The middle is Felix Felicis-or better known as liquid luck. The last potion is Amortentia. The strongest love potion in the world. It smells like the things you love the most. For instance, I smell peppermint toothpaste, old parchment, and..."

Slughorn cut her off. "Yes, yes! Come now, children. Come closer. Tell us what you smell," he said.

Reluctantly, we got up from our seats and went closer.

As I came about 4 feet from the potion, I was overcome by the smell of... scents.

I inched forward, Nat's hand in mine.

"This smells so good," she whispered.

I nodded. "I know." I looked at her curiously. "What-"

Slughorn suddenly cut me off, pointing at me. "Miss. The lady next to Mr Zabini!" he boomed.

I flinched. "Lyra Vaillancourt, sir," I responded, smiling.

Slughorn grinned. "I knew your grandparents! We went to school together. Lovely business and the most fruitful family business they had! So sorry to hear about your parents. Very unfortunate," he added.

I tensed, flushing down the urge to glare at him. "The question, sir?" I asked sharply, ignoring the stares sent to me by the Gryffindors.

"Oh! Yes! What do you smell in the potion?" he asked, his loud voice making me flinch again.

I stepped closer to the cauldron. "I smell Earl Grey tea, ink and parchment, beachside cologne, black coffee, lemons, and grass," I stated confidently.