Chapter 58

So I recently found out my bearded dragon is terrified of thunderstorms. Poor boy.

Unedited

Enjoy~~

"How's everyone doing up there?" Krolia's voice rang out through the phone.

It's been about a week since they've been in the cottage. Lance and Keith facetimed every day, checking up on one another. Krolia called and texted as well.

"Pretty good. Kora loves the campfires." Keith mumbled. "The baby's been more active. I've barely got any sleep the other night because the baby constantly kicked."

"The baby should be here soon then." Krolia laughed.

"What if it comes while we are here? And Lance doesn't make it up here for their birth?" Keith questioned.

"He'll be there." Krolia reassured the male.

"I hope so."

"Keith, hunny, I have to get going to work." Krolia sighed. "Give Kora hugs and tell her I miss her. Same with Georgia."

"Will do." Keith said. "Love you mom."

"I love you too Keith."

Keith let out a sigh as he set his phone down on the table and looked at his arms.

The words 'I love you' were written out In purple ink.

"Everything okay Keith?" Adam asked walking into the kitchen.

"Yeah. Just nervous." Keith said. "Kora's missing school all because of her dad."

Kora had about a month or two left of school, but her best friend was still back there. And she was missing him like crazy.

"Everything will work out in the end." Adam smiled. "I have a feeling something is going to happen soon."

"GEORGIA NO!" Kora's shout caught the attention of Keith who quickly got up and walked into the living room as fast as he could.

"What's going on?" Keith questioned.

"She's slobbering all over my control." Kora giggled.

Keith let out a sigh of relief before grabbing another controller and handing it to Georgia.

"Take this one instead sweetheart." Keith said.

"Thank you Keith!" Kora said and continued to play her favorite game, Minecraft.

"You're welcome."

"Keith you need to relax." Hailey said catching his attention. "All this stress isn't good for the baby."

"I know. I can't help it though." Keith mumbled taking a seat next to her on the couch. "With everything going on and Lance not being here...."

"I know." Hailey said. "But Lance is strong. And he has Help as well."

Keith went to say something but the sound of Shiro's voice cut him off.

"Keith! Lance is calling you!" He said and brought the phone over to Keith.

Keith answered the phone only to be met with heavy breathing.

"Lance?" Keith asked. "Baby you there?"

"It's done." Lance's voice said as he panted. "It's done."

"He's gone? For good?" Keith said.

"For good." Lance chucked weakly.

"Are you okay?" Keith asked.

"Besides this stab wound. I'm great." Lance mumbled.