Chapter 14

After Wyatt and I split ways, I slipped into the woods, turning into a cat as well as invisible.

Jumping through the trees, I started working my way towards the ocean.

I managed to slip in somewhere that wasn't highly used, rainbow bubbles surrounding me as I turned into a mermaid.

My top half was human again, my tail rainbow like my hair, but was a gradient.

Some of the moon tattoos that appeared on my cat face showed on my shoulders and down my arms.

My long rainbow hair was like a halo around me as I swam, heading for Uma's cave.

Some creatures stopped to stare at me as I swam past, some bowing to me.

A couple dolphins came to swim with me, playing and flapping.

They suddenly stopped, and started pushing me behind a large piece of coral, and I listening to them, ducking behind.

I heard voices, and carefully peeked through a hole in it, and saw some mermaids.

They were adventuring around, and both had bags, much like Ariel did when she was young.

They commented on items they found, and I smiled, thinking of how similar my reaction was to being in the water.

They soon passed, and I started to swim with the dolphins again, but they stopped a little ways before the cave.

She was the Sea Witch's daughter after all.

I swam inside with no hesitation, jumping up onto the ledge.

My tail turned into legs once again, and I stood up, seeing the teal haired girl.

"New look?" She asked, staring at my new colors.

"I'm the Queen of Wonderland, isn't it grand?" I asked her, and she looked surprised.

"You, you are queen?" She asked, sounding incredibly shocked.

"You can come and live with us, you would really be a plus," I told her, hoping that she would come and live with us.

Ben wouldn't be able to cross the border to get her.

"I really appreciate the offer, but I have to keep trying to drop the barrier. Any chance little Ben is changing his mind soon?" She asked, fiddling with some potions.

"I'm working on it," I replied, and she smiled.

"Its nice to have someone on the inside. Thank you. But I have to wonder, why do you trust me? I bet that Mal and her crew have said some not nice things about me." She asked, holding eye contact with me.

"People are not what other people see. They are who they choose to be. I won't let someone else decide for me, that is the key," I replied, and she smiled.

"Thank you Charlee. I really hope that you succeed."

***

I woke up early on the day of the dance, thrilled that it was happening.

Since people were more okay with both of us now, we were more open with the fact that the party was Wonderland themed.

People seemed pretty okay with it.

Getting out of bed, I wandered over to my bathroom, quickly hopping in the shower.

I took longer than usual, using some fancier soaps that Evie had given me.