twenty two - it's a date

Yajel

This dress is uncomfortable and these heels are tight on my toes. My hair is straightened for the first time in a while and I'm checking my watch like a mad woman. I don't want to say I'm excited cause it's just another night, but I can't deny the butterflies in my stomach.

"You're all dolled up", King says looking at me fixing my eyebrows for the fourth time.

"I know I just wanted to look nice, what do you think?", I turn to him and give a smile.

"You look amazing Yajel, if he doesn't think so I'll kill him", he says playing with the gun in his hand.

I roll my eyes and the doorbell rings, I feel myself freak out and I take a deep breath. King laughs at the color draining from my face.

He opens the door and Spooky stands with a nice shirt and slacks on. The clothes give his figure a more flattering look than his usual baggy clothes. I never realized how tall he is, or how toned his arms are.

"I brought these for you", he holds out a few flowers when we make eye contact past King. I swear I hear myself whimper at how sweet the gesture is.

"Come on Yajel you can't be scared of Spooky?", King says ruining the moment.

"Okay loser I'm leaving", I walk to the door grabbing the flowers and walking outside.

"Have her home by ten!", King says sternly from the door.

At the car Oscar opens my door for me and waits until I'm seated to close it. He runs around to his side and I smell the bouquet in front of me. No one has ever gotten me flowers and I love the feeling receiving these gives me.

"I got us reservations at this nice restaurant on the other side of town by the bay", he speaks up.

"You could take me to tacobell for all I care these flowers have made my night", I play with the petals and smile to myself.

"Your past boyfriends never gave you flowers when you all went on dates?", he asks.

"I've never had a boyfriend before", I shrug.

"Not even a crush?", he asks.

"Nah, back home most of the guys were my age are kind of weak. Besides if I don't focus on my feelings I don't have things to worry about", I laugh unamused.

"Like breaking your heart?", he asks giving me time to think. I never thought about a boy breaking my heart really, I just didn't want them to accidentally get me pregnant.

"Mmm hadn't thought about that. I just didn't find them attractive, plus King doesn't really approve of them anyway", I remember the boys who tried to take me on a "date" to the park. Back then I would rather stab myself then go on a walk with them but now with Oscar. He could sit in this car and hug me for two hours and I would title it the best night ever.

"I like being around you. You make me feel calm", I let out not really thinking about the words coming from my mouth.

"I'm glad I can make you comfortable princess", he takes my hand and rubs my knuckles before bringing the back of my hand to his lips.

He just kissed my hand! I'm feeling butterflies and I'm sweating and I thinking I'm horny. I don't ever want this to end.

"You know when you first moved here, I thought you were the most beautiful girl I'd seen", he says.

"But now I'm what? Top five?", I ask.

"Hasn't changed, I just never would've thought you would punch me in the face. I had planned on slowly getting to know you and then kidnapping you and eloping on some island", he chuckles but I can tell he's serious.

"So I'm on a date with a psychopath? Good to know. What island?", I ask when he parks at this restaurant with a fancy name I can't pronounce.

"I'll tell you later, we're here", he stops the car and jogs to my side of the car opening the door yet again, such a gentleman.

The restaurant is overlooking the beach and somewhat crowded. Oscar gives his name and we are taken to a seating on a deck outside. There are candles and smooth music accompanied by the sounds of waves to our right.

When we are seated I can't contain to smile that spreads across my face. This is really perfection.