twenty one - let me

Yajel

It's so cold in this house every damn day, I just want to be comfortable. I can't ever have things my way because the thermostat is so dang far.

"Shit!", I exclaim are the Oscar still sitting at the table in the dim lit living room.

"For a killer you sure as hell get spooked easy", Oscar says before laughing at his own pun.

"Why the hell are you here?", I ask pushing passed him to the laundry room.

"I'm babysitting until your big brother comes home", he says plopping onto the couch.

"Funny how now I'm a baby but a few months ago you're wanted to-...never mind", I grab the huge T-shirt I've been wearing to bed from the dryer.

"Yea, months ago. You left, I moved on", he says.

"So you're telling me", I say mischievously walking to the couch, "if I gave you the opportunity right now."

I sit slowly onto his lap and bend lower beside his ear, noticing his hands rubbing my thighs. This man is so full of shit.

"Yajel, wanting to put you on the floor and watch come undone under me is different from wanting to start my life with you", he says sincerely, his hands still resting on my legs.

Damn, this dude really knows how to ruin a moment. I stand up and continue back to my room and slam the door. Who said I wanted to live a life with him anyway? He never asked me if I gave a damn if he wanted to be with me.
I sleep well at night doing my own thing, right?

"Come on Yajel, don't be ridiculous. Deep down you know you wanted to be normal", I say to myself in the mirror. I notice the permanent dark mark bringing attention to the scar on my arm.

"Where's that from?", Oscar asks from my door frame.

"I thought I locked that", I roll my eyes and get into bed. Staring at the ceiling and twiddling with my thumbs. Tears rush down my cheeks and I don't try to stop them, all I do is cry and cuss now.

"Oh, Oh don't cry", Oscar says in a suspiciously soft tone. He kneels on my bed and out of instinct I flinch.

"What's happened to you? You used to be jumpy but this seems different", he says slowly approaching me until he's got my head resting on his arm.

I don't answer I just continue to stare at the ceiling, crying unsure of any of these emotions.

-
A/N: You're probably thinking wow sis you're really not updating like you said and wait wait...I have an excuse. I'm an idiot but that's okay because the next chapter will be worth the wait...fun fun fun.