• Chapter 19 •

We stepped through. I was filled with so much emotion, it was crazy. The amount of treasure was madness. It was beautiful, the light from the door reflecting off all the gold and gems was mesmerising.

I was so overjoyed, I was wrong to worry, it was everything I had ever hoped for. I could feel tears welling in my eyes, I tried to hold them back but I was unable. I was crying of happiness.

Jim looked at me and noticed I was crying. He took his hand away from mine and put his arm around me, giving me a side hug. "Is it everything you hoped for?" He smiled.

"Everything and more..." I said.

"The loot of a thousand worlds..." Silver exclaimed as the pirates ran down, to practically swim in the treasure.

"This is seeming very familiar." B.E.N. whispered, scratching his head. "I can't remember why."

Jim looked over at Silver who's attention was fully on all the treasure. "(Y/n), B.E.N., come on. We're getting out of here and we're not leaving empty-handed." He said as he started walking.

We hopped down onto the treasure, we walked up to a ship. "Jim! This is Captain Flints ship!" I whispered shouted.

He gasped, "Oh yeah. It is."

"This is so cool, oh my gods." I said gazing at the ship.

Jim hopped up into the ship, "(Y/n) Do you want some help getting up?" He asked.

"No. I can do it myself" I said confidently. Then I got up and fell back down of the edge. Of course I did.

"You sure you don't want some help?" He smirked.

I huffed and put my arms up, he pulled me up onto the ship and we both looked down at B.E.N.

"Do you know what's strange? I can't tell you how frustrating this is because there's something- it's just nagging at the back of my mind." B.E.N. said as I hauled him up onto the ship.

Then B.E.N. screamed, we turned around to see what he was so scared of.

"Captain Flint?" Jim said, astonished.

"In the flesh! Well sort of, except for skin and organs." B.E.N. said looking up at the skeleton.

"After all these years, he's still here..." I said. I was kind of weirded out by the skeleton but it was Captain Flint so my emotions were quite mixed.

Jim walked over to examine the skeleton closely.

"And you you it's so odd. I remember there was something horrible Flint didn't want anyone to know, but I-I just- I cant remember what it is." B.E.N. rambled on. I was only half listening to be honest. "Oh a mind is a terrible thing to lose!" He continued dramatically.

Jim pulled something out of Flints hand. "Jim! What are you doing? You can't steal from the dead!" I scolded.

"No, no wait (Y/n)" Jim turned to B.E.N. "B.E.N. I think I just found your mind".  he exclaimed.

"Great...now i'm here with two crazy people." I sighed.

"(Y/n) will you just wait and see!?" Jim pleaded.

"Fine...fine" I said folding my arms.

"Hold still." Jim said as he put his hands on B.E.N.'s head.

"Jimmy, your hands are very, very cold. (Y/n) will you tell him to get off of me?" B.E.N. said.

"Just wait a second B.E.N." I said, interested in what Jim was going to do.

Jim placed the piece he took from Captain Flint over B.E.N.'s loose wires. B.E.N. turned around to face us and his eyes were going crazy, he made an indescribable noise.

"Hello." B.E.N. said in his normal voice again. "I was just thinking...I was just thinking..." B.E.N. continued. "It's all flooding back!" He exclaimed, in excitement.

"Huh maybe you're not so crazy after all." I elbowed Jim.

"Hey, you're not the only intelligent one around here." He joked. We were both just smiling at how happy this robot was to regain his memories.

"Maybe he'll find out if he was ever dancing with an android named Lupe." I said to Jim.

"Yeah maybe" He laughed.

"All of my memories!! Right up until Flint pulled my memory circuits so I could never tell anybody about his booby trap." B.E.N. said really quick.

A feeling of dread filled my body as we heard a crash.

"Speaking of which..." B.E.N. said as the place began to legitimately blow up. "Flint wanted to make sure nobody could ever steal his treasure, so he rigged this whole planet to blow higher than a Kalepsian kite!" B.E.N. shouted.

I looked at Jim, "What are we going to do?!" I said.

"Run (Y/n)! Run Jimmy! Run for your lives!" B.E.N. screamed.

"You go back and help the Captain and Doc!" Jim ordered B.E.N. and I. "If i'm not there in five minutes, leave without me." He said sliding under the control panel of the ship.

"Jim, I've said this before and i'll say it again. ARE YOU CRAZY?!" I screamed.

"I'm not leaving without my buddy Jimmy!" B.E.N. shouted as he pulled Jim out from under the panel. Jim glared at him. "Unless he looks at me like that..." B.E.N. said nervously.

"B.E.N. you go! Get the Doc and my Aunt!" I said sternly to B.E.N. He hurried away. "Jim I am not leaving you!" I yelled stubbornly.

He once again slid out from under the control panel. He stared at me, angrily. He looked kind of scary, I understood what B.E.N. meant but I didn't care. There was no way I was leaving him there. I cared about him too much to leave.

"(Y/n) Go!" he screamed as he tried putting two of the wires together.

I got down on the floor and slid under the panel with him. I grabbed the wires off him. "Jim. I have studied ships like this one for years and by the looks of what you were doing you're going to need my help" I said strictly.