• Chapter 10 •

Amelia barged over to her cabinet, opened it and pulled out a gun, "Pirates on my ship? I'll see they all hang."  She threw the gun to Dr. Doppler. "Doctor, familiar with these?".

He caught it and held it away from himself staring at it, "Oh i've seen...Well i've read-" He pulled the trigger accidentally and shot the globe, which was right next to Amelia.

I jumped back but she only looked at the globe and back at the doctor.

"Uh no. No, no I'm not" Doppler continued.

Amelia pulled the spherical map out from the chest she had placed it in. "Mr. Hawkins, defend this with your life!" She tossed it to him but before he could catch it, Morph came between them and caught it in his mouth.

"Morph! Give me that" I said trying to ply the map away from his mouth.

I finally got it and handed it to Jim. The pirates were almost about to get past the door.

"What are we gonna do?! They'll get past that door any second" Jim said.

I snatched the gun from Dr. Doppler and shot a hole into the ground. Everyone looked at me confused.

"Trust me!" I said and I jumped down into the hole. Jim came right after me, followed by Morph, Amelia and the Doctor.

We ran through the hallways in the internals of the ship, I knew exactly where I was going but we had to be quick because the pirates were chasing us. We made it to the door that led to the area with the longboats and I hurried everyone past it and slammed it, locking it.

"Good one!" Jim smiled.

I smiled back quickly and continued running. "Come on, to the longboats!" I yelled.

Jim, Doppler and I ran and jumped into the boats. I helped Doppler to his feet. Amelia went to pull the leaver that opens the hatch under the ship so we could escape. It began to open underneath us and she ran jumped and flipped into the longboat. That's my Aunt Amelia!

All of a sudden Morph grabbed the map from inside Jim's pocket and flew off with it. "Morph? No!" Jim shouted trying to reach over the boat for the little creature. He leaped from the longboats back to the main ship trying to catch Morph.

"Jim! Hurry!!!" I said, wondering if he'd even make it back onto the longboat.

He was taking too long, I couldn't lose another person in my life. I took a deep breath and jumped from the boat to where Jim was trying desperately to grasp the map.

"(Y/n)?! What are you doing? Get back to the boat!" Jim shouted whilst Amelia and Doppler were shooting at the pirates who had made there way here.

"Not without you!" I jumped at the little pink blob but didn't catch him.

Jim was trying to avoid blasts and I saw Morph go down into a pile of rope, I reached in and felt around until the cold metal of the map met my hand. I grabbed it and held it up.

"I got it Jim!" I said running towards him.

"Great! Now let's get out of here." I, of course being myself slipped and fell on my face. He caught hold of me and jumped back onto the longboats just before the hatch was fully closed.

"Phew thanks!" I said handing him the map.

"Right back at ya" He replied putting the map back into his pocket.

Amelia pulled the sails open and started sailing us away. Just when we thought we had made it out, the pirates shot at us with one of the canons.

"Captain! Laser ball at 12 o' clock!" Doppler shouted.

Before Amelia could steer us away the blast hit our boat. There was an explosion and the boat hurled towards the planet. We hit the ground tumbling and crashing. Jim lifted what was left of the boat off of us.

"My goodness that was more fun than I ever want to have again." The Doctor said. Amelia laughed at him.

Jim looked at me, "(Y/n). Are you alright?".

"Yeah, i'm fine." I said as I tore a piece of my skirt and rapped it around a small wound on my leg. "Are you ok?"

"Yeah..." He replied watching in amazement as I covered my injury without flinching.

"I will admit. That's not one of my gossamer landings." Amelia said standing up, breathing heavily.

She fell back down clenching her side with her hand.

"Amelia!" I said rushing over to her.

"Captain!" Doppler did the same.

Jim and Doppler helped Amelia to stand. "Don't fuss..just-" She fell back into Dopplers arms. "Slight bruising. That's all. Cup of tea and i'll be right as rain" She continued as she stood up straight, pushed her hair back and fixed her coat. "Mr. Hawkins..." She looked at me, then narrowed her eyes trying to focus. She then looked around and actually faced Jim. "The map if you please?".

Jim looked worried for a moment but he dug deep into his pocket and pulled out the map. We all sighed in relief. Then the map started to float? It changed into Morph, who was giggling uncontrollably.

"MORPH?!" I said once again sighing, but not in relief this time. It was in defeat.

"Morph where'a the map?" Jim said, his eyes following the creature as it flew around him.

Morph changed into the pile of ropes that I took the map from. "Seriously?! It's back on the ship?" I yelled.

"Ugh!" Jim said facepalming.

"Stifle that blob, and get low..." Amelia said looking up at the sky.

Jim took Morph in his hands and quietened him. I looked up to see one of the long boats. The pirates... We all ducked down low, hoping they wouldn't see us through all the foliage.

"We need a more defensible position." Amelia said. "Mr. Hawkins, (Y/n), dear. You two scout ahead." She handed Jim her gun.

He took it from her, "Aye Captain."

"Please take care of my Aunt, Doctor." I pleaded as Doppler helped her to sit back down.