• Chapter 17 •

We were both breathing heavily, Jim quickly ran to me.

"(Y/n) are you hurt?!" Jim asked.

"Have been for a while now." I said wincing as I rose to my feet.

"Sorry, let me rephrase. Any new injuries?" He joked.

"I'm fineee." I replied, laughing. "That was a real close one though. I thought I was going to lose you up there."

"Yeah, when are we going to get time together without almost dying?" He chuckled.

"Laser cannons disconnected! Gee, that wasn't so tough" B.E.N. shouted over to us.

I looked over to see, I wasn't the only one who was a mess. The robot was stood with random wires wrapped around him, with sparks flying from them. I stifled a laugh, at the sight of B.E.N.

We all made our way back to Dr. Doppler and Aunt Amelia. I didn't speak most of the way back, I was super tired. B.E.N., of course, was a different story, he didn't stop talking and rambling, the entire time. Jim wasn't paying much attention to what B.E.N. was saying, I wasn't really either. It was easy to do that with B.E.N., you just have to nod every now and then while he talks.

As we were walking Jim's hand had brushed off mine, then he took my hand. It was such a simple thing but it made me so happy, just to be holding hands with him. We eventually got back to B.E.N.'s place and came in through the 'backdoor'.

I looked up to see Silver, oh no... I had presumed that Jim had looked up to see him too but obviously not because he said,

"Doc! Look we found the map!" He held up the map, then looked up. He had an expression of defeat on his face. I did too, we finally thought we were going to get through this, but the idea was shattered by Silver and his crew.

"Jim wait-" I tried to stop him.

"Fine work Jimbo. You too (Y/n). Fine work indeed." Silver snatched the map from Jim with his cold metal hand.

I could hear a muffled noise from behind us, Jim and I looked at each other in bemusement. We turned around slowly to see Aunt Amelia and Dr. Doppler bound and gagged by the crew. They were struggling but neither of them had the strength, right then, to get free.

The pirates started to surround us and move closer.

"Thanks for showing us the way." One of them said.

Jim and I exchanged a look and both tried to make a run for it. Unfortunately neither of us got free. We were both being held tightly by the pirates. Poor little Morph was trying desperately to help us.

One of the pirates grabbed B.E.N. from behind the 'backdoor', "Whats this sorry sack of metal?" She said messing with him.

Silver started to walk towards us. I was still struggling to get free,

"Now now, (Y/n). Relax, darling." Silver said, it was clearly not sincere.

I spat at him, saying nothing.

Silver looked to Jim, "You're just like me, Jimbo. Ya hates to lose." He chuckled to himself. Then he looked at me, "And you (Y/n), I though you were smarter than this. You could've been on this side of things, but you love Jimbo too much. Don't ya?".

I glared at him, once again staying silent and holding back my temper. It wasn't even worth my time. Silver looked at the map, grasping it from different angles, hopelessly trying to open it.

Silver spent ages trying to get it open, but eventually gave up. I looked at Jim, who was obviously the only person that could open it. I could see a smirk pulling at his lip. Very attractive. Not even going to lie.

Anyway, Silver said, "Open it!". The pirates let go of Jim and Silver tossed the map to him. Jim didn't do anything but then, Silver changed his metal hand to a gun. "I'd get busy." He said with a blank expression.

Jim looked over at Amelia and Doppler, I looked too. Amelia was shaking her head, but Doppler was nodding his head.

"Run Jim! Get away with the map." I said.

He looked back at me, smirking once again. "Don't worry (Y/n). I got this." I felt my heart flutter.

Without even looking down, Jim opened the the map. That was cool. The map opened up revealing a huge hologram of the galaxy.

"Woah..." I said looking up at the map, starry-eyed.

"Oh, the powers that be. Would you look?" Silver said intently staring up at the map.

The hologram, moved to form a line that presumably led to the treasure. Silver was laughing and said, "Tie him up and leave him with the others till we-" He was cut off by the hologram retracting back into the spherical map. "W-what?!".

"You want the map, you're taking us too." Jim looked at me. Badass much? I smiled at him, and he returned it.

Silver groaned but it turned into a chuckle, which was weird and creepy. "Hmm. We'll take 'em all." He said to the pirates.

We made our way to the camp, pirates holding onto our arms like we were some sort of criminals. Silver had told them that we'd leave in the morning. There was hardly much nighttime left at all so I didn't really see the point but I wasn't going to argue with some sleep. I say sleep, because there was no way of escaping Silver had someone watching us the whole time.

The four of us were sitting up against some sort of boulder, our legs tied to a rope which was attached to one of the trees nearby. We also had our wrists tied together. Amelia and Doppler were still gagged so there wasn't much talking to them, just exchanging worried looks. The two of them fell asleep rapidly, leaning on each other.

"That was a pretty badass thing to do, you know when you just closed they map and were all like 'You want the map, you're taking me.'" I said imitating Jim's voice.

"Us." He corrected me.

"Yeah" I laughed.

"I suppose it was pretty cool." He said shrugging it off.

"Badass." I corrected him, giggling.

"Yeah..." He said, blushing slightly.

"We should probably get some sleep. I mean there's not much else we can so, seeing as we're tied up here, being guarded nonetheless, we may as well." I said glaring up at the pirate who was listening to us.

"Probably for the best, we have had one hell of. a day." Jim replied.

"I'll say!" I laughed.

"Goodnight (Y/n)."

"Goodnight Jim."

I squirmed around for a minute or so trying my hardest to get comfortable. It wasn't working, I mean I was literally trying to sleep, leaning against a boulder.

"(Y/n)? You can lean on me if you want." Jim whispered to me.

"No, it's fine." I instinctively said without thinking.

"Come on (Y/n)...I know it's not comfortable." He said.

"Yeahhh...ok you've convinced me." I said scooting over to him and resting my head on his shoulder.

He chuckled and kissed my head, I couldn't help but smile to myself. I was much more comfortable now and warmer, at that. I drifted off to sleep.