• Chapter 4 •

"Jimbo! (N/n)!" Mr. Silvers voice came from behind us causing us both to turn around and face him at the same time. "I've got some friends i'd like ya to meet!"

Jim and I looked at each other in confusion. Silver threw a mop and bucket at Jim, then a sweeping brush at me. "Say hello to Mr. Mop, Mrs. Bucket and their Baby Brush." He said laughing.

"Yippie" Jim and I said at the same time. "Jinx. Jinx again." We said at the exact same time again. I couldn't help but laugh.

I was sweeping and Jim was mopping. Though I pretend to hate it, I actually didn't mind. I just liked his company.

"Soooo...um what's your story then Jim?" I asked whilst continuing my work.

"My story?" He asked as if he was in disbelief that I wanted to know about him.

"Yeah, I mean only if you want to talk about it..." I trailed off, thinking it might've been a bad idea asking him.

"Nothing interesting really. I live with my Mom, I used to read about our destination all the time. I didn't even find the map really, it practically showed up outside my house." He said.

"Mhm. I'm sure there's something interesting, I can tell. Anything else?" I asked prying for more.

"Well uh I love solar surfing." he replied.

"See I knew there'd be something. That is so cool dude, you'll definitely have to show me some time." I said, sort of trying to hint at the fact that we'd spend time together even after this voyage. I was kind of worried that he'd be weirded out.

He stopped mopping for a moment, smiled and looked over at me, "Yeah that'd be fun."

He was about to say something else when one of the crew purposefully pushed him as they walked past, "Watch it, twerp!"

We could hear a bunch of the crew members whispering around. We both looked over at one of the tables of people who were whispering more than others. We definitely stared at them for too long because one of them piped up.

"What are you two weirdo's looking at?" He said crossing his arms.

I heard hissing from above us, when I looked up it was a weird spider looking alien climbing down some of the ropes.

"Uh ew!" I almost jumped back.

"Cabin boys and girls should learn to mind their own business." He came up real close to us.

"Back off. Creep." I shivered.

Jim stood slightly in front of me, "Why? You got something to hide, bright eyes?" He looked at me and smirked.

"Maybe your ears don't work so well." The spider lifter Jim up by his top.

I didn't know what to do, I started to internally panic. I looked at Jim's face and he was pretty calm, I don't know how he's doing that.

"Yeah. Too bad my nose works just fine" Jim scoffed.

I laughed but the spider guys head shot to look at me, "What are you snickering at, cabin girl." He hissed. He dropped Jim to the floor and picked me up instead. "You impudent little..." He pushed me against one of the masts, which really hurt.

"Put her down!" Jim shouted up.

I was sure I was done for until I saw a glimmer of hope, a mechanical hand. It was Silver, he grabbed one of the spider guys arms and said,

"Mr. Scroop. You ever see what happens to a fresh purp, when you squeeze it real hard?" He twisted his arm, which made Scroop drop me.

I was expecting a harsh landing on the wooden floor. I expected wrong, Jim had caught me in his arms.

"Oh gods, thanks Jim." I felt my face heat up.

Jim looked at me for a moment, "No problem" he smiled.

"You can uh put me down now..." I said.

"Oh ha yeah sorry" He put me down.

I heard footsteps coming down the stairs, "What's all this then? You know the rules. There'll be no brawling on this ship." Mr. Arrow said. "Clear Mr. Scroop?" He asked.

"Transsssparently" Scroop hissed.

Mr. Arrow left and the crew dispersed, Silver turned to face Jim and I. "Jimbo, (N/n) I gave you two a job-"

Jim interrupted him trying to defend us, "Hey we were doing our jobs until that bug thing-"

"Belay that! Now I want this deck spotless, and heaven help you two if I come back and it's not done." Silver ordered us. He turned to Morph, "Morph, keep an eye on these two scallywags, and let me know if there be any more distractions."

Mr. Silver left, leaving the little pink shapeshifter keeping an eye on us.

"Gods, what was all about?!" I said as I picked up my sweeping brush.

"Yeah I know, it's not like we did anything wrong..." Jim replied as he started to mop again because Morph was staring him down.

We continued cleaning for a while and it was getting pretty dark, the day was coming to its end.

"Well, this has been a fun day, huh?" Jim said breaking the silence, "Making new friends like that spider psycho..."

"Yeah it sure has." I said sighing.

Morph turned into a tiny version of Scroop saying, "Spider psycho, Spider psycho!".

"A little uglier." I said looking at the little shape-shifter.

Morph changed again to an even weirder looking version of scroop. He laughed manically.

"Pretty close" Jim laughed.

As I watched the little shape-shifter change back to a pink blob, a thought from earlier popped into my head. I couldn't get over when Morph turned into a mini Jim and I said something like he was 'even cuter'. I cringed at thinking back to it.

"(Y/n), what's up?" Jim said looking at me confused.

"Oh, I just wanted to say sorry about earlier." I said still cringing.

"What happened earlier?" He said still very confused.

"Ugh you know, when Morph changed into a mini version of you and I said he was even cuter" I facepalmed.

"Hey it's cool! I thought it was nice actually." Jim said as a smirk tugged at his mouth.

I smiled to myself, "Jim...would you consider us friends now?" I said preparing myself for a blatant 'no'.

"Yeah i'd say so." Jim said as he continued to mop.

"Well that's a relief." I said. We both laughed.