CHAPTER ELEVEN

-AMIKO'S POV-

"Here." Benji said handing me the kids bags with their things in it.

"Benji, are you gonna be okay?" I asked him and he nodded.

"Yeah. I'm just going to the warehouse but I'll be back. Do not leave this room at all. Here are the keys to my truck. Brandon outside." He said.

Me and Benji probably wasn't together but I didn't wanna loose him because I was still in love with him and I didn't wanna lose the one I'm in love with.

"You promise you'll be back?" I asked.

"Yeah mamas. Don't worry bout me." He said sitting all his guns down in the dresser beside me. He came and gave me and the kids kisses on our foreheads before walking to the door.

"I promise I'll be back. There won't be no more shooting going on tonight." He said and i nodded. He walked out and I locked the door behind him.

I plopped back on the bed as Nova crawled to me. I kissed her on her little nose and walked inside the bathroom to run her a bath.

-11:31 PM-

I was laying in bed watching cartoons with Nova and Messiah. I had just fed them and now I was patiently waiting on Benji to get back.

I had packed the kids bags up because I had a gut feeling on something, I just didn't know what. I had the kids fully dressed with shoes on and all. Even me, I was dressed.

"Mama." Nova said making me smile as he pointed to my phone. I unlocked it and handed it to her. I ran my fingers through Messiah's hair as he giggled. The sound of a loud BOOM filled my ears making me get out of bed and grab all the guns Benji had in the drawer. I stuck two in my waist band and held another in my hand as I grabbed the kids and their bags.

My hands were full and I hoped we make it down to Benji's truck. I jogged out the exit door and went down the stairs but instantly turned around when I heard talking coming from the bottom.

Running to the elevator, I pressed down and the elevators opened. I got on before rocking with the kids hoping it will keep them quiet.

We had made it to the lobby and people scrambled around. I made myself blend in as I ran out the front door. I looked both ways before going towards the parking garage.

I grabbed the keys out and unlocked the doors before putting the kids in and bucking them in quickly. I closed the back door and got in myself.

I started the ignition and pulled off. As I was making my way out of the parking garage, somebody stepped out infront of the truck and began shooting making me get down. The face looked real familiar.

I pulled my phone out before calling Benji.

"Hello." He said.

"Benji." I said breathlessly and I heard worry in his voice.

"Miko what's wrong." He said.

"They came to the hotel." I said as I looked around.

"Where do I go Benji!" I shouted.

"I'm finna send you an address. When you get there, I'll be there." He said and I hung up. A text was sent to my phone, tapping on it appeared an address.

Pressing directions, I begin driving to the destination. It showed that it was at least 3 hours away. I tried not to let this stuff stress me, but I couldn't help it.

-2:16 AM-

My eyes blinked slowly due to my tiredness. I was at least one hour away from my destination. My phone rung and Benji's name went across my screen. Answering, I put the phone on speaker.

"Hello?" I spoke.

"What you doing? You made it there yet?" He asked and i sighed.

"Nope. We're one hour away." I said looking back at the kids as they slept peacefully.

"Okay. Be careful." He said and i nodded as if he could see me.

"I love you." He said making me smile as tears streamed down my cheeks. I sniffled and I know he heard it because he began laughing.

"You crying?" He asked.

"Shut up. It's not funny. I love you more." I said.

"Alright, well I'm finna head to the beach house. I'll see you there." He said hanging up. I sat my phone back in the cup holder and put my full focus back on the rode.

My thumb tapped as I let my thoughts flutter me. I remember when I first had a crush on Benji to when he first talked to me. Words couldn't describe how I really felt about him.

After all the things I pulled, he's still working with me. My thoughts were interrupted when blue and red lights flashed behind me.

I cursed under my breath as I looked back and forth between the rear view mirror and the rode. I pulled over before rubbing my palms.

I heard the cop doors open and close. A man walked to my side, signaling for me to let down my window. He held up his DEA badge, showcasing it to me at the same time as he signaled for me to let my window down.

He held this childish smirk and it got under my skin.

"Hello Amiko." He smiled and I gave him a taut look.

"We work for the DEA. Now unless you wanna spend the rest of your life in jail and not see your kids, you better spill everything about Benjamin Rodriguez."

July 12 IS SOMEBODY SPECIAL DAY!!❤️🤪