8

11 March 2020

Hey Jade,

Today's my birthday. Am I happy, no. I'm only happy if you're by my side. But you're not. The boys said they wanted to do something for this "special day". So I said I wanted to stay as close to you as possible. That means I'm having George Alex and James over and they're gonna stay the night. Probably gonna have a few drinks. Not too many though because they all said I got really drunk last time I was with them all. Threw up in a bush apparently. I don't remember any of it. I really miss you now more than ever. I just want to hold you again. That's the only present I want for my birthday, but of course I can't have it.

Love Will xxx ♡︎

As Will put away the letter, like he did every month, he thought of how he just wanted to curl up in a ball and cry. But he couldn't at the moment because the boys would be round any minute, they would know if he'd been sitting there his rivers of tears flowing from his eyes.

Knock Knock Knock

Will stood up, took a deep breath and walked towards his door to his flat. He grabbed his key that was in the same place as it had been the the past week, unlocked his door and saw his closest friends standing just outside, with smiles on their faces.

When Will told them to come in they said they had a surprise for him later on. Will made sure that they all had only two beers as he didn't want to spend his birthday pissed as a fart.

——————————————————Time skip of about an hour
——————————————————

The lads were a having fun laughing, talking, joking around and just having fun.

"Hey Will, remember that surprise we told you about earlier." James said. "Well I think now's the time we tell you what it is."

At that moment, Alex and George came in the room with a box. Will opened it, even though he was a bit skeptic at first. And inside was a little shiba inu puppy. Will looked at the small dog, and then at the boys, and then turned his eyes back to the puppy again. For the first time in months, Will actually had a genuine smile across his face.

He lifted the tiny dog out of the rather large box and pet it. The animal barking back in excitement and happiness.

"So do you like him?" Alex asked.

"I love him, thank you so much lads." Will said gratitude obvious in his voice.

"So what's his name." George wondered.

"Chewy, short for Chewbacca." Will states feeling like a proud dad.

"I love it, Fraser also gave a bit towards him by buying toys, food bowls, a bed and most of the necessities." James told Will.

"Well I'll be sure to thank him as well." Will said. "It's getting late lads so I'm going to head off to bed. Thank you all so much."

As Will hugged them all as a thanks, he headed off to his room with Chewy by his side. He heard the lads go off to the places they were sleeping too.

Before he decided to go to sleep, he went out onto his balcony and looked up at the stars. One stood out to him, it was the brightest star in the sky and he knew it was Jade looking down on him, as the star twinkled in the sky.

Will thought it was her saying "Happy birthday" so he simply replied with a "thank you" before walking back into his room, flopping onto his bed and fell asleep, with Chewy snoring lightly by his feet.