Chapter 11

*A/N- Hey guys! I'm so sorry x10000000 for not updating. It's been awhile, and I apologize. But thank you to all the votes, comments, fans, and reads. It's been wonderful having you all read this book and enjoy it as much as I enjoy writing it. Thanks for sticking with it, and here's the next chapter of Amazing Grace!!

This is copyrighted. All Rights Reserved.

The water was bubbling into my throat, suffocating me, threatening to chase away what little oxygen was left in my lungs. I clawed against the crashing waves that had pulled me under the surface. Where was they? Why aren’t they here to save me? My thoughts were surprisingly coherent as I flailed around in the water, my heart beat beginning to slow. The ocean pulled me deeper into its depths, its violent currents throwing me this way and that. And all I could think was...they left me.

I sat bolt upright in my bed, drenched in sweat. My covers were thrown on the ground in a ragged mess as if I had been thrashing around violently in my sleep. I couldn’t exactly remember what I had been dreaming about, but I knew that it had something to do with my parents. My breath was coming out in gasps, but thankfully I calmed myself down quickly. I hoped I hadn’t woken up Alison. Hopefully I hadn’t screamed. 

I checked the time, realizing there was dim light shining through my window. The sun was rising, which meant it was time to get Alison ready for her last day of school. My phone read 7:02am, which meant that we were pretty much right on time. 

I quickly woke Alison up, helping her pick out her last day of school clothes, and made her chocolate chip waffles, her favorite breakfast. I dropped her off five minutes early, extremely optimistic about where this day was going. I even stopped at Starbucks and bought myself a treat, a mocha cookie crumble frappe. 

I rolled down the windows of my bug, letting the salty ocean air sift through my hair, probably tangling it in the process. But I didn’t care. I sipped my drink and let the morning sun warm my skin. 

I didn’t realize there was something wrong until I pulled into my driveway. Another car was parked in my spot. And someone was standing at my front door, a man it looked like. I immediately began to pull out of my driveway, praying the man wouldn’t see me. He began to turn and I ducked down, my heart beating furiously in my chest. I didn’t recognize the guy when I saw his face, so my alarm immediately jumped three levels as I screeched out of my driveway. 

Someone was at my house, and I had no idea who they were. So I did the only seemingly rational thing to do at the time. I called Liam.

He answered on the second ring.

“Hello? Grace?” It was as if Liam’s voice smashed the dam that had been keeping back the worst of my terror. 

“L-Liam,” I tried to say, but the chattering of my teeth stopped me. 

“What’s wrong?” he asked, sounding a bit frantic. 

“Th-there’s a man at m-my house,” I stuttered, my hands becoming tight on the steering wheel. My breathing became short, and I felt as if my lungs weren’t expanding enough. 

“Who’s at your house, Grace?” Liam questioned me.

“I-I don’t know,” I began to cry, the panic in me overwhelming. I heard something crash, and Liam curse. Someone began talking in the background, and Liam said something back to them.

“Where are you?” Liam growled, as if he were extremely angry.

“Oh please don’t be mad at me,” I sobbed into the phone, feeling as if I were in a dream, the outside of my vision becoming slightly blurry.