Chapter 10

*A/N-Guys it's been awhile! I've finally written the next chapter! Sorry if it drags on a bit. Hopefully y'all will like it! Thanks you guys for sticking with my procrastination butt. 

P.S.- What's y'all's favorite song from Take Me Home?

This is copyrighted. All Rights Reserved. 

 “What the hell Grace?”

“What?” I asked sheepishly, not meeting my best friend’s eyes. 

“Why didn’t you tell me you donated your kidney to Liam Payne from One Direction?”

“I’m sorry I-”

“No I’m not finished yet,” Jamie cut me off, her dark eyes boring into mine, “And then you spent the day with them and didn’t even invite me.” 

“Jamie it was-” I tried to plead with her, but she interrupted me again.

“Selfish. I may not be obsessed with them like your sister is, but I would appreciate it if my best friend would tell me things like this before I found it on the cover of PEOPLE MAGAZINE!” Jamie angrily shook the magazine in my face, a picture of me signing the little girl’s notepad from the signing that morning, with Louis next to me and Liam watching me with a look I couldn’t read. 

Jamie and I were currently sitting on my couch. Alison was taking a shower, so I didn’t have anyone to defend me. The only help would have been Stark, who, at the moment was curled up and snoring on the ground at the foot of the couch. Thanks for the help, Stark.

I snatched the magazine away from Jamie, still completely shocked by the fact that I was literally splashed on the glossy cover of a magazine. I read the headline for the third time in those two minutes. 

LIAM PAYNE’S NEW SUPERWOMAN?

Damn. It caught on. 

“Listen Jamie,” I started, placing the magazine in my lap, carefully, as if it were a bomb about to go off, “This was all planned at the last second. I heard about Liam’s dilemma on the radio and-”

Jamie opened her mouth to argue, but I leaned over and covered her mouth with my hand.

“Shut your Asian mouth for five minutes,” I begged, “And I’ll explain everything.” Jamie took a deep breath, and I could tell she was trying to hide a smile. I mentally sighed as well, knowing the worst of the storm was over. 

Then I began to explain everything to Jamie. 

It took a good ten minutes, and by about that time Ali had padded into the room, her blond hair still damp from her shower. She wandered into the kitchen as I finished my story. “So when the signing was done, we drove to the BB&T Center. I had know idea what Paul meant about their rehearsal-”

“Well he did say it was for the Olympics-”

“I know that,” I sighed, “But I wasn’t completely paying attention to that. So when we got there and they explained that they were going to be in the closing ceremony for the freakin’ 2012 Olympics, I almost peed my pants. I mean, going to a radio interview and singing was one thing, but seeing them rehearse for the Olympics was crazy!” I threw my hands up in the air, “I think that was when it hit me that these guys are seriously famous,” I finished kind of abruptly, not sure exactly what else to say. 

“Well duh, they’re famous,” Ali grumbled from the counter where she scooped some cookie dough ice cream into a bowl.

I decided against scolding Ali about the ice cream even though I should have since it was pretty late to have sugar. “I know that Alison, but they seemed so down to earth and not like celebrities that they just seemed like regular people,” I explained, looking back down at the shiny magazine. My red hair was striking in the photo, but thankfully that wasn’t the main point of the picture. The main point was the little girl, who stood on her tip toes to push the notepad towards me, her eyes wide as she begged me to sign it. I was looking down at her with a look of surprise, my cheeks slightly tinged with red. The boys were all staring in disbelief, including Liam.