Chapter 18

*A/N- Ahhh it's been a long time, and I'm SO sorry! Thank you for all the messages begging me to write more, I think that's what got me to write this chapter! Anyways, don't want to keep y'all from reading this, so here's the next chapter! Hope y'all like it!(; xx

This is copyrighted. All Rights Reserved.

“Hi, nice to meet you, my name’s Anne,” a woman with dark hair smiled as Ali and I took our seats next to them. Hiding the confusion as to why she was introducing herself, I shook her outstretched hand. “Grace Mitchell. And this is my sister, Alison,” I replied, gesturing to Ali next to me.

Anne smiled, and she looked familiar for some reason. “This is my daughter, Gemma,” she said, and a girl who looked exactly like her with green eyes and dark hair leaned around and smiled shyly. 

“Nice to meet you,” I grinned back.

“I’m Harry’s mother,” Anne explained, and suddenly it clicked. She looked so familiar because Harry was also the spitting image of his mother.

A familiar voice behind me made me turn. “‘Scuse me.” The southern twang could come from none other than Lacy. I looked up at her and raised my eyebrows.

She looked stunning, with thick, wavy blond hair and a pretty turquoise dress, and some shiny brown cowboy boots. As the old saying went, you could take the girl out of the country, but you couldn’t take the country out of the girl.

“Hey girls,” Lacy grinned, patting both Ali and I on the knees. 

“Lacy!” Alison beamed at her, and a pang of jealousy went through me. I shook it off as the two seats next to Ali and me filled up. I looked to see a couple, the woman smiled at me gently. 

“Grace, it’s nice to finally meet you, we’re Liam’s parents, Karen and Geoff.”

I was taken aback, completely caught off guard. “Uh, well, uh it’s, um nice to meet you both,” I mumbled, reaching over Ali and shaking both of their hands. 

Karen smiled down at Ali. “And you must be Alison. Liam’s told me loads about you. You’re just as pretty as he said.” My heart immediately warmed to this woman. Geoff smiled at me as well. I wondered if they had been told I had tried to trade Liam’s life for money. Probably not. They may have not been as cordial if they knew.

I glanced down the other side to see another couple who seemed to be speaking with Irish accents to Lacy. She looked so comfortable talking to them. I assumed they were Niall’s parents. Farther down the way, a dark-haired family sat talking to a girl with extremely light blond hair. She was laughing and joking with one of the young girls. I wondered who she was. 

I turned back to Karen as she cleared her throat. “We haven’t been able to thank you for saving our son’s life, Grace,” she smiled, reaching across Ali to grab my hand in between both of hers. I looked up into her eyes, and tears were forming.

Shaking my head back and forth, not wanting to make Liam’s mother cry in front of everyone, I said, “It was nothing. It was someone’s life. It had to be done.”

Tears began to fall down Karen’s cheeks. “But you didn’t have to do it. He was a complete stranger, and you risked your life for him. We are very thankful for that. I wish there were some way we could make it up to you-”

“Don’t worry, Liam has been doing more than necessary for me and my sister. You’ve raised a really good guy, Mr. and Mrs. Payne,” I smiled.

Karen pulled away, reaching up to wipe away her tears. “Thank you, Grace.”

We couldn’t say much else because the closing ceremony started.