Chapter 8

*A/N-FINALLY another upload! Goodness sorry people. I'm such a bad author :( Anyway, thanks for commenting and voting. I hope you're all liking how different Amazing Grace is from Rodeo Queen, what with the boys being back in the spotlight. This is definitely going to be a contrast from RQ. Anyways, love you all! <33

This is copyrighted. All Rights Reserved.

“We’re on in three, two, one. What’s up Fort Lauderdale? It’s Cheryl Walkins, and I’m here today with teen heartthrobs Louis, Zayn, Liam, Niall, and Harry. How are you today guys?” the pretty radio host spoke into the mike, grinning at the five boys. 

“We’re doing pretty good so far, how about yourself?” Louis replied politely with a big smile. 

“Wonderful,” she seemed a bit taken aback by his kindness, but nonetheless continued on with her interview. 

I was currently sitting on a bar stool back behind the boys. We were seated in a big recording studio, but the atmosphere was quite casual, the boys seeming to have everyone at ease. They all seemed that way, easy to get along with, always there to stop things from getting too formal or awkward. 

I had never been in a recording studio before, much less with a famous group like One Direction being interviewed over the radio. Paul had been against me going, but I guessed Liam had convinced him to let me tag along. I was especially surprised when the boys even persuaded him to let me sit in on the interview, because I was pretty sure the big guy didn’t like me. 

Anyone could tell Paul Higgins loved his boys.

I pulled my phone from my pocket to check the time. It was literally only 9:00am. Ali’s school started at 8:00am and ended at 3:30pm. Since she had special needs, she did have school almost all year round, but there was a couple months’ break between the summer semester and fall semester. That was going to start next week, and I had never had to handle it on my own because my parents had been alive this time last year. I had no idea how I was going to watch Ali and get a full time job. I was putting off the electricity and car payments, and had received a few phone calls and letters regarding the overdue bills. 

I knew if I didn’t find a job soon Ali, Stark and I would all be out on the streets.

I shoved my phone back into my pocket, reaching up to touch the necklace that Liam had given back. It comforted me slightly, the shell’s soft surface reminding me of my mother. Shaking my head I returned my attention to the interview. 

“So I know you boys haven’t exactly had the best time here in Florida, but other than that how have you liked it so far?” Cheryl asked.

The boys all hesitated a moment, before Liam leaned forward towards the mike. “It’s been quite lovely actually. Definitely warmer than England, and the people have been extremely nice.” I realized Liam had glanced back behind himself towards me, a small smirk playing on his lips. 

“Ah, care to elaborate on that Liam? By people you mean...?” Cheryl grinned, her eyes flicking a bit hungrily towards me. I felt my skin heat slightly. This woman was looking for some gossip. 

I couldn’t exactly see Liam’s face, but at the moment he seemed at a loss for words. Zayn swooped in to save his friend, “Just the people in general. The nurses and doctors at the hospital were very hospitable.”

“Hence the word ‘hospital,’” Harry chimed in, I could see his cheeky smile as he tried to get the talk show host to laugh. She didn’t.

“Bad joke Harold,” Louis muttered under his breath, but thanks to the microphone, we could all hear it loud and clear. I giggled nervously along with the rest of the group, glad the boys had changed the subject before it got too weird between Liam and I.