Loki's Christmas Carol

"Tony, come on," Steve exclaimed. "We're going to the SHIELD Christmas party!"

"I'm sorry, Steve," Tony stated. He didn't even look up. "I really can't right now. Maybe next time, alright?"

"Please, Tony," Steve begged. "This is our first Christmas together!"

"I'm busy!" Tony yelled. "No arguing, Steve!"

Steve looked taken aback. He nodded and walked out. Tony sighed and continued working. Steve walked to the living room. 

"Hey, where's Tony?" Bruce asked.

"He's working," Steve sighed. He plopped next to Clint on the couch and sighed.

"Is he coming up?" Thor asked. "We can wait."

"No, he isn't coming," Steve sighed.

"He's being such a Scrooge," Clint snorted.

"A who?" Steve asked.

"Nothing," Natasha assured him with a glare at Clint.

"Robin Hood has got a point," Loki nodded. Bruce looked down at him and frowned.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"Well, if he is being a Scrooge, maybe we can reach him the same way," Loki smirked.

"I don't follow," Steve frowned.

"I do," Clint grinned. "And I like it."

*♡*

"Finally getting to bed," Tony yawned. "I wonder if they got back yet."

He walked into his and Steve's room and changed into his pajamas. He laid on the bed and closed his eyes. A few minutes later, he heard rattling. He sat up, expecting Steve, and he rubbed his eyes sleepily.

"I was expecting you back earlier," he yawned.

"I highly doubt that you were expecting me, Anthony."

"Dad?" He exclaimed. Standing in front of him was none other than Howard Stark.

"It's been a long time," he smirked.

"That's because you're dead," Tony snapped. "Well, you're supposed to be."

"I am," Howard stated. "I'm here to warn you."

"Warn me?" Tony frowned.

"Yes, warn you," Howard nodded. He walked forward until he was standing next to Tony's bed. "You've got a great life here, Tony, and you're going to push them all away. You are going to end up like me. All work and nothing to show for it. You're going to lose your friends, your husband, and everything you hold dear."

"Right, yes, thank you," Tony frowned.

"I'm not done, Tony," Howard stated. "You are going to be visited by three other spirits."

"What?" Tony snapped. "Am I Ebenezer Scrooge now?"

"If you are going to act like it, then yes," Howard hissed. "That's all I have to say. Remember, three spirits."

"Yeah, yeah," Tony sneered. "I'm absolutely terrified."

Without another word, Howard vanished and Tony rolled his eyes. He pulled the blanket up to his chin and closed his eyes again. This time, he was woken up by someone shaking him.

"What?" He demanded, sitting up and almost hitting heads with someone. "Clint? What the hell are you doing here?"

"Actually, I'm the the Ghost of Christmas Past," he smirked. "But close enough."