For My Captain

Tony, being the "low-key' Captain America fanboy that he was, had always known Steve's birthday was on July 4th and he loved it to no end. Steve, on the other hand, hated it.

The jokes were endless. Even more so than usual. And when Bucky came back, it didn't get any better.

This year, though, Tony wanted to make it special. He felt that Steve deserved it. Especially after Ultron. Without any idea on what to do, he employed the help of the only person who knew more about Steve than he did.

He turned to Bucky.

"You want my help?" he asked. "Steve's changed, Stark. You probably know more about him than I do."

Tony frowned and crossed his own arms.

"I have an idea that I need your help with," he retorted. "It's going to be hard to pull off but I have the means to do it and you have the brains."

"What do you need?" Bucky asked, curiosity getting the best of him.

"How much do you remember of the 20's?" Tony grinned.

_-*-_

"Do you really think he likes chocolate?" Bruce asked as he mixed the cake batter.

"Everyone likes chocolate," Clint answered from where he was reading the directions. He looked up as there was a whoosh! and noticed a certain speedster holding up a tub of frosting.

"Got it," Pietro grinned, putting his hand on his hip.

"Great job, Sonic," Clint said, reaching forward to take the tub, only for it to be pulled out of his reach. He glared at Pietro, who smirked back.

"Don't you..." he began. In a flash Pietro was gone and Clint took off after him, Bruce shouting after them.

"Hey! Guys, I need-!" he sighed and glared back down at the bowl. He glanced up as someone walked in and smiled at Loki.

"Having trouble, my dear?" he asked, walking over and wrapped his arms around Bruce.

Meanwhile, Clint chased Pietro to where the others were. He stopped and put his hands on his knees to catch his breathe.

"You're never going to catch him," Natasha said from where she was hanging upside down.

"It is completely illogical to think you could," Vision said from where he was holding Wanda so she could hang something.

"I agree," she stated. She glanced down at Clint with a smirk. "And it isn't like he'll stay away from you for long."

Clint rolled his eyes and stomped off, muttering under his breathe. Natsha rolled her eyes and looked over at Thor, who was shaking his head.

"Hand me the tape," she called.

_-*-_

"Bruce, how's the..." Tony began but then trailed off. Bruce was standing with cake mix all over him, his glasses askew, and the walls covered in it as well. Loki was lounging on the table, licking some mix off his fingers.

"I didn't Hulk out," Bruce stated. "It literally exploded."

Tony blinked and then began laughing. Bruce sighed and crossed his arms, waiting for him to finish. Tony wiped his eyes and looked over at Bruce.

"Ah, Brucie, bro," he said, still slightly chuckling. "Only you could explode cake mix. I haven't even done that."

"You've never cooked in your life," Bruce frowned. Tony nodded and chuckled again.