StarkBucks

"You want him to stay here?" Tony asked.

"Yes," Steve answered.

"No," Tony frowned. "He's an assassin trained to kill you."

"Natasha and Clint stay here," Steve argued.

"No, Steve," he said again. Steve moved around the lab table and wrapped his arms around the brunette's waist, burying his face into Tony's neck.

"Please, babe?" Steve begged. Tony sighed. Steve knew that Tony couldn't say no to him when he did that.

"Steve, I said..." Steve bit his neck and his eyes widened. "That's d-distracting."

"Come on, Tony," Steve murmured. "It won't be dangerous. I promise."

"Fine," Tony sighed. "He can stay."

"Thanks," Steve grinned. He kissed Tony's cheek and turned to leave.

"Where do you think you're going?" Tony frowned.

"To get him," Steve called. Tony grabbed his arms and he turned around.

"You can get him after I'm done with you," Tony told him before kissing him hard.

That's how Bucky Barnes, the Winter Soldier, came to be standing in the Tower later in the day. He looked around with an emotionless expression and Steve bounced into the room, a huge smile spread across his face.

"Steve, where's everyone?" Bucky asked.

"Tony and Bruce are probably in the lab, Thor is visiting Jane, Sam's training, and I have no idea where Natasha and Clint are," Steve answered.

"Isn't Tony your boyfriend?" Bucky asked as they moved into the house.

"Yes," Steve grinned.

"Right," Bucky frowned, looking around.

"Hungry, Buck?" Steve called as he walked into the kitchen. Before Bucky could answer, his stomach growled. Steve tossed him a grin. "I'll take that as a yes."

A half an hour later, they sat at the table with grilled cheeses that Steve had whipped up.

"I think you'll like him, Buck," Steve grinned. "He's so kind, smart, funny."

"You really like this guy, don't you?" Bucky smiled. The idea of Steve being with another guy wasn't one he was used to but he loved that Steve was so happy.

"I didn't even feel this with Peggy," Steve smiled dreamily. "He's the best."

Bucky smiled and took another bite of the sandwich. He couldn't wait to meet the famous Tony.

Sadly, when it did happen, it was only in passing. Tony was incredibly busy with Bruce on a project and had been down in the lab for days. Steve didn't like it but accepted it, instead spending his time helping Bucky adjust to the new world.

At night, since Bucky couldn't sleep alone and Tony was in the lab 24\7, Steve slept in Bucky's bed. It wasn't anything sexual or overly intimate, just sharing heat and comfort.

Then the mission came. Steve didn't want to go and Tony almost threw a fit. That was the day he properly met Bucky. His eyes were immediately attracted to his arm and he asked immediately if he could see it.

"I don't know," Bucky said uncertainly. "It's dangerous."

"Danger is my middle name," Tony grinned. Bucky studied him before hesitantly holding out his arm. Tony smiled as he ran his fingers along the metal and began to talk to himself. "Seems like the human tissue has accepted the metal as its own. Reflexes are normal, maybe even heightened. The metal isn't too heavy. Light weight, won't pull any muscles in the shoulder, won't cause any unnecessary strain. Can you feel this?"