Finding Her

Like the wind, she was there, and then she was gone. As soon as Morgianna left the Academy she had sent a letter to her family that they should not look for her and that is was for their own good. She told them that one day she would return and that she had her guards with her. She gave a small explanation of what had happened while she was in the academy but left out parts regarding her part in killing the two other students. After all it would be evidence should it fall into the wrong hands.

The time it took for that one letter to arrive at its destination was exceedingly long as it had 6 extra stops that were not planned. Each time landing in a person's hands that were not meant to have it, all of whom wanted to find her. Felix was not told of his sisters leaving until it was too late to follow her, and even if he had been told sooner he knew he would never be able to catch up. He had spent around a decade watching her back as she left him behind... and he was tired of it. He wanted to protect her, to be the best big brother she could ever have. All he could do now was become stronger and hope that one day he could stand beside her looking at the same thing she was, instead of her small fragile-looking back.

...

"You are eighteen now, so we cannot force you to stay home, but please come back to us...Bring Morgianna home when you do, Don't get into trouble, and make sure you eat properly. If you need us...please come back, even if you haven't found her. I can't lose both my babies." Felix looked at his mother with resolute eyes as she bawled. His father gave him a nod, no words needed to express that he too wanted his little girl home. For the past two years Felix had studied hard and worked on his magic even harder. Everyone is House Bloodmoon knew that the young master wanted to look for Morgianna, even those in the academy had long since known the reason for his extra effort in training.

When he walked out of the mansion Felix lifted his face up to the sun and closed his eyes. For the past two years he had worked behind the scenes with each of the crown princes trying to find any person that fit his sister's description. They had used Myra, Fafnir, and Alnwick too but they couldn't put out posters as it would only cause Morgianna more problems. As each prince had their own network throughout the kingdoms they thought it would be easier to find her but they were sorely mistaken. It was as if they had vanished without a trace.

Felix opened his eyes and set out with no particular destination in mind, he could only wander aimlessly in hopes of finding a clue.

...

Morgianna had spent the past two years in her Little Red outfit, slowly changing it as she got older. They had traveled through all the kingdoms but still she had not caught any sight of Angeline and as time went by it only made her feel more and more nervous. She had also not heard anything from Eltarr, or her grandmother. "Fafnir, where are we making our next stop?"

Fafnir who was sitting by the fire with Myra on his lap pulled papers from inside of his chest pocket. They had their hoods down or masks removed and Morgianna could see how tired everyone looked. "We are set to go through the Vampire kingdom again, I wanted to stop by the guild before we set off again. Silas and Killian will be expecting us within a week."

She nodded her head, they had not been back to Morgianna's home kingdom except one time a few months after they had first left. She was worried she would see her family or Olive and she would waver. This mission was important as failing could mean the end of the world, but she would never deny that she missed them. They loved her and cared for her and she too felt that for them, which is why whenever she missed home she would turn the other way and search somewhere else.

...

Felix found himself standing outside of a guild. Its structure spanning four stories into the sky. He knew from asking around town that this place was called The Rose's Thorn. When he left home he decided to ask around in guilds, or even see if a mercenary would help him locate her. This one was decently close to home but he still hoped nobody would recognize him. He wanted to curse himself for not thinking of getting a disguise.

After a small pep talk he pushed the two wooden doors open exerting a little too much strength. They swung inward and slammed into the walls making everyone turn their heads in his direction. He was by no means weak, but looking around the room he felt nervous.

There were many tables, most of which were full scattered around. The billboard with all the missions caught his eye but he knew he couldn't just walk up and look. Finally he saw two men standing at a counter, one with a scar on his face and another wearing an eye patch smoking a cigarette.

Making sure to keep his head held high he walked up to the men with as much courage as he could. He could feel that they were strong, especially the one with the eye patch. "Good evening, I am wanting to hire someone. There is a girl I am wanting to find."

Silas squinted his eye and blew a puff of smoke at Felix. He knew who the boy was as soon as he walked through the door but that didn't mean he would make things easy on him. "Are you a stalker? Was it a scorned lover? Hmm I'm not sure anyone would take your job here. Maybe check somewhere else." He gave him a lazy smile and turned to Killian as if to ignore Felix.

"No, it is my sister. I have not seen her in a couple of years and I worry about her..." Silas wanted to shake him when he looked all hurt.

With a deep sigh he extinguished his cigarette and turned his full attention back to Felix. "If she hasn't come back yet then she probably isn't ready. I am sure she is fine. Now run along back home."

Felix wasn't prepared to be turned down. "I can pay you! She is my only little sister and I just want to know she is alright. Look take this as part of the payment!" Felix pulled out a bag with several gold coins. Truthfully he had more money but he hid it in several places on his person.

Looking at the money in Felix's hand Silas sighed and reached out. He took the coins but had no intention of actually looking. He knew Morgianna was doing things her own way and she would return when she was ready. She had been a part of his guild for quite a few years and he could never guess what she would do next. He decided on her next visit which should be soon, he would give her the coins and tell them they were from her brother.

With her visiting any time within the next couple of days, Silas wanted to hurry and get Felix to leave. "Well you can leave now, I will look for her."

At first Felix wanted to be happy he would take the job but then he frowned. "You didn't even ask me any questions. Like what she looks like or anything. You weren't going to look at all were you?" He was angry and wanted to lash out but he held his tongue. Clenching his fists he decided to cut his losses and leave before things got out of control and he did something he would regret.

Just as he was nearing the door they were opened from the other side and Felix found himself colliding with a small body cloaked in red.
________________

Word count before note: 1385

What a kind older brother. Worrying about her and all that fun stuff. I was going to keep writing but I just felt that a good place to end for the night. I hope everyone is doing alright ❤

Hit that vote button

By the way, I wanted to say thank you to everyone who helped me that over 100k views. Y'all are awesome!