A Big Happy Family

Morgianna planned to tell Alnwick her secret as well, his life being tied to hers meant he would not be in any hurry to get her killed. However, just as with Fafnir she did not know where to start, plus it would need to be just the 4 of them, herself and her three pact mates.

"Fafnir, let's go on a mission!" She could see him giving her a 'are you serious?' look but she paid it no mind. "Come on, we can even go to the guild together to pick one out." She tilted her head slightly and batted her eyes earning a scoff from Fafnir.

He leaned down, his face a mask of indifference. "We may have made up, but you are still in trouble. I would not have left you here by yourself if you paid me."

Her cute head tilt was quickly corrected to a look of shame. With cheeks burning she looked away as if to hide her shame. It is true she hoped to just sweep the whole ordeal under the figurative rug. Fafnir would not let it go though, if he made things to easy on her he feared she would just make more trouble in the future.

Taking pity on her sorry state he scooped her up and put her on his shoulders. Everyone in the castle had long since gotten used to their close relationship. Though in front of guests they acted proper, when it was just the usual occupants you would believe they really were siblings.

Felix had originally been the biggest obstacle due to jealousy but as his and Morgianna's relationship became better he too gave her piggyback rides and put her on his shoulders.

"Morgianna, we shall go on a mission, but you do not get to pick which one. I am mad at you and so nothing dangerous." The silence that answered him brought a smile to his face. He knew she was pouting but wouldn't go against his wishes. She may be their designated leader but she never forced them to do anything they did not want to do.

Walking down the halls he made his way to the training grounds. If Alnwick and Myra were not there he would think it a miracle. As natural-born fighters they were among the strongest guards under the Duke's employment. Their animal sides giving them a boost that even the most resilient races had trouble dealing with. Myra was agile and moved fluidly as if made of water. The basilisk in her felt that she was much too good to be a guard, but she had started to grow a soft spot for a certain mismatched eyed girl. Alnwick excelled in combat and was a social butterfly. There wasn't a guard, maid, or cook that did not know of his bright personality.

Arriving at the training grounds Fafnir and Morgianna followed the sounds of swords clashing and were shocked at what they saw. Felix was in one of the rings fighting Alnwick as Myra gave him pointers.

"No, you are too stiff. If you don't loosen up you'll get killed in a real fight. How do you ever expect to protect your sister with those horrid skills of yours? Feet farther apart, pivot off your left foot!" Myra threw in many insults with her training, but anyone watching could see that she was serious. Alnwick was not using his full potential but he wasn't making it too easy for Felix either.

It seemed the three were so preoccupied in the fight that they had not even noticed the audience they had gathered. Morgianna looked around and saw many faces she recognizes. Among them were her parents which were the biggest shock, as usually at this time of the day they were busy with work. Sophia her maid was there along with her brother Mathew who should have been preparing the evening meals. There were several other guards around the perimeter keeping watch. Beside them a few maids looked like they would swoon at any minute as they fanned themselves and watched the fight.

Seeing this scene made Morgianna's heart feel full. To see everyone gathered together if even by accident was a pleasant occasion. After all this was her family now, for better or for worse this was her home. She thought of her family in her old world and realized that she did not even know them that well. She had distanced herself afraid of growing too attached to someone who would die. Not even thinking that eventually everyone dies, she was a perfect example. She vowed she would never make that mistake again.

_________________
Sorry for such a short chapter. It was more of a filler to show how close everyone is now. I'm posting another chapter right after this one. So I hope you all enjoy it!

Like and comment if you like :)