Are We Enemies?

*I want to try to change how I have been writing. Hopefully, it works out*

As Morgiannas father carried her in his arms back to their home, they were unaware of the eyes that followed their every movement. Eyes of the deepest blue.

He watched until he saw them reach the walls that surround their home before he too turned to leave. His mind was in a jumble. That girl was obviously part vampire so why would she help him, a werewolf. Did she maybe not know?

Running all the way back to the werewolf territory took almost 3 hours. If he had been fully grown that time would be cut in half.

The moment he stepped onto their soil he was surrounded by his father's guards in human form.

"Prince Kieran please return to your human form, your father requests your presence in his office." The guard who spoke looked at Kieran and sighed as the boy continued to the palace in wolf form. Trotting as if the whole kingdom wasn't just thrown into an uproar trying to find him for hours.

After reaching the castle Kieran finally turned back to his human form. He needed to bathe and change clothes before meeting his father. He knew he reeked of blood, his own at that. Plus any wolf within a couple of feet would be able to smell the girls scent on him as well. She smelled of oranges and vanilla. He loved oranges.

He did not want someone to get the wrong idea and think that she was the one who hurt him. It would start another war if a vampire noble harmed a werewolf prince.

Finally pleased with his appearance Kieran made his way to the throne room. His father, the alpha of all the alphas wished to see him so he knew this was going to be one of his father's "talks". It seemed he only laid on his own flesh and blood when he did something wrong. His mother passed due to a vampire attack shortly after he was born, but he is told he looks like her. Maybe that is why his own father cannot stand to look at him.

Walking down the hallway all the guards nodded to him. Even at 5 years old, he held the power of life and death over their heads so they treated him with respect only second to his fathers.

Arriving at the throne room he took a deep breath before pushing to doors open. Normally there would have been guards stationed outside of the doors. The fact that his father had them sent away did not bode well for this conversation. No sooner had the door opened when he heard his father's booming voice.

"Shut the door and come forward!"

"Yes father. I have returned." Kieran did not look up at his father, already knowing that the man was not even looking at him.

"I have told you to call me, King Lucian when we are in the throne room. First you leave and go into vampire territory, then you disrespect me once again once you come back with your tail between your legs. How did I ever deserve such a son? If your mother was here she would not stand for you gallivanting in the enemy territory...."

Kieran turned his father out. He had heard the same speech so many times he could probably recite it word for word. That is until King Lucian said something that almost made Kieran stop breathing.

"My spies told me something interesting though. Upon your return you were covered in your own blood yet there wasn't a scratch on you. We heal quickly, but not that quick boy. Tell me, who was it that healed you. They smelled a strange scent on you but were not close enough to differentiate what exactly it was."

King Lucian smiled like the cat that caught the canary. If they had someone capable of healing them quickly then they could wage war on the Vampires and have fewer causalities.

Kieran could see the look in his father's eye. If he knew that the girl who healed him was a vampire he would kill her without a pause. Simply so that the vampires would not have something that the werewolves do not.

"Nobody healed me, father, your spies must be mistaken. The blood was not mine, that is why I am unharmed. I killed a vampire across the border." He almost slipped up and added more details then need be. There was no way his father did not know he was lying, but as long as he was careful with his wording no harm should come to that girl.

"Hmmm then my spies must be mistaken. You are dismissed."

Kieran raised his head for the first time since entering the throne room surprised with his father's quick dismissal. He was prepared to listen to the speech for at least 2 hours, as was the norm. It made him feel uneasy like his father knows more than he is letting on.

As he turned to leave his father spoke just loud enough that he knew Kieran would still be able to hear him

"It is not my spies that are mistaken. It is you who believe the words of an enemy when they are tied up pretty as a doll."

The words his father spoke left a bitter feeling in his heart. The same question playing in his head on repeat until the words finally spilled from his lips.

"Are we Enemies?"