Chapter |35| Taken

Five months

Five months. Five month since I found out I was pregnant. Five months since my life changed for the better.

We found out a few months ago, that we're having a boy. Ryder was over the moon of course, and so am I. Having a mini Ryder is going to be great, although it would be a lot easier if we were having a girl.

At least I understand girls, but a boy is a whole new territory. It wouldn't be my life without a challenge though, and I'll get my baby girl eventually.

The baby is happy and healthy, in fact he kicks almost all day, and sometimes I just lay there for hours holding my stomach. Ryder talks to our baby every night and ever since he found out, he's cut down on work and is finally working regular hours.

My dad was less than pleased to find out I was pregnant, especially with such a little time we were married for, but now he's completely fine with it. My mum went crazy when I told her the news. She screamed, and then cried, and then screamed some more. She can't wait to be a grandma and has already bought more baby things than me.

I also told Ryder about my boredom and he suggested that I paint the baby's room, since he knows how much I love art. I loved his idea and  turned it into my little project. It's almost ready, I just have to put a few finishing touches on the boat that I painted and then Ryder can finally put in all the furniture.

I decided to go with the nautical theme. I love the beach and the baby was pretty much conceived on one too, although he never has to know that.

The walls are pastel blue, and there are stickers all over the them, and then there's a huge painting of a boat drifting out to sea on one of walls. All the furniture is pretty much blue and white as well, and we've already bought all the clothes, stuffed animals and everything we need for when I finally give birth.

I'm due in exactly a month and everyday feels longer as we get closer to that magic date. I know that birth hurts, a lot, but I just want to hold my baby in my arms. I can tell he's going to energetic and wild from his frequent kicking.

"Okay gorgeous, I'm going." Ryder pecks my cheek as he picks up his briefcase off the bed. I love seeing him in suits, but he looks sexiest when he's wearing joggers.

"Woah, he's kicking hard isn't he?" Ryder chuckles, as he presses his other hand to my large stomach as well.

"Well, he's strong like his father." I smiled up at him and gave me a panty dropping one back. I stood up on my tip toes and he grabbed my waist to keep me steady as we kissed.

Ryder refuses to have sex with me now until the baby is born, which is not good for me, since everything the man does turns me on. The last time we had sex was probably when I was five months pregnant, and despite the Doctor saying that it's perfectly fine for us to do so, he still refuses in case of hurting the baby.

"Bye baby. Oh, and I'm going out with Kira today." Ryder gave me a skeptical look but I just shoved him out the door and shook my head.

"I'm allowed to go out Ryder. Plus, Kira's with me." He grabbed my face to press a kiss on my forehead.