001. jeon jihyun

DISCLAIMER

I do not own anything but the storyline and my original character(s) in the story. This story is not associated with BTS, bighit entertainment or anyone/anything else mentioned. This is a work of fiction, a product of my imagination. The bolded lines also apply to my other BTS stories and any others but in different context. I own the plot and storyline, please do not copy. This is a skill that I am developing for future years of storytelling and story writing. Please enjoy this story!

this story talks about sexual harassment, sexual assault, abuse of power, unintended overdoses, PTSD, trauma and more. If you do not feel comfortable reading, please don't. proceed with caution.

"bold" = korean

"normal" = english

"italics" = french

Holding on tight to the files in her hands as she walked through the office. Colleagues greeted her respectfully as she passed them by, her heels clicking the floors. Her long black hair swayed back and forth against the back of her blouse.

She knocked onto the large wooden door, waiting a few moments before she walked in, not bothering to wait for the invitation to enter.

The brown eyes lined with a swipe of black liner glared the girl who was buttoning her shirt, which served no purpose in Jihyun's eyes as her shirts always were unbuttoned to the point where you could see her lacy bra underneath.

As the girl scurried out the door, the man standing in front of her gave her a glare. Jihyun returned it with a look of disgust crossed with unimpressed.

"How many times have I said to knock and wait until I let you in?" The man said as he fixed the tie around his neck, running his hand through his messed up hair.

"And how many times have I told you not to sleep with the new interns?" Jihyun said, walking over to him and dropping the files on his desk.

"Clean your desk and hands, I don't want your copy of the files to be covered in your sperm and other substances that I do not need to know about."

He rolled his eyes, picking up the files as his eyes scanned over them.

"Are you prepared to go to court?"

"You're talking to Jeon Jihyun. I'm always ready." She scoffed, her red lips turning into a smile. The man sitting on the glass desk gave a smirk of his own.

"You know, if you'd just go out with me, I wouldn't have to sleep with disposable interns." Now it was Jihyun's turn to roll her eyes.

"Keep it in your pants, Bi Jinho." She said as she turned her back to the man and walked out of the door.

♚♚♚

She walked into the apartment she owned, the tumbling of the washer and dryer being heard as the soft humming of a female voice came from the room opposite of hers.

She walked into the bedroom, the white and pink theme filling her eyes as she laid on the bed, her best friend laughing at her.

"Rough day, bestie?" She asked, her cheery voice rang. Jihyun gave a sound as her answer making her giggle.

"Jinho keeps sleeping with the interns and making them sluttier because they think they have a chance with them."

"That's sad, they're too young to know the difference between a playboy and a real man." Celine laughed. Celine and Jihyun became friends when they were in elementary school, Celine from France but moved to London when her father got a job in the city.

Since Celine didn't speak Korean yet and Jihyun was fluent in 3 languages, they became fast friends.

The two of them grew up to have the same passions, both wanting to be a lawyer. Celine wanted to follow in her father's footsteps and Jihyun wanted to get as far away as possible from her mother and her step-father, so they moved to Seoul right after Jihyun was finished school so that they could earn money.

Though Jihyun graduated high school at 14, university at 18 and law school at 21, Celine was in her first year of law school while Jihyun had two years of experience working in law.

She had made herself quite a reputation, as the youngest in her firm and a woman, people belittled her. But they were just jealous of her.

"What should we have for dinner?"

"Can we order in? I need to prepare for court and I don't have time to cook today."

Celine laughed at her friend before grabbing her phone.

"What mood are you in today? Chinese? Pizza? Chicken?"

"Pizza. Always pizza." Celine nodded, ordering while Jihyun went to her room. She opened the door and threw her bag onto the chair sitting in the corner beside her closet.

The white and gray tones of the room made it feel clean and calming, something she wanted to feel after a long day at work.

She grabbed a pair of shorts and a gray long-sleeved shirt, heading to the bathroom. The steam from the shower appeared in minutes, she let the warm water soak her hair as she massaged the honey lavender shampoo in.

The suds of her matching body wash were lathered over her body, letting the aroma fill her senses, washing any tension that she gathered away and down the drain with the rest of the water.

She stepped out of the bathroom, feeling relaxed after her shower. She blowdried her hair and went to the living room where Celine was setting dinner up.

"Food," Jihyun said with a smile on her face, digging in right away as they turned on a show. They huddled under the blanket, Jihyun judging the characters for being stupid and naive, comparing them to the real world.

"Jeez, you are the worst person to watch shows with. Just stop analyzing and enjoy!"

"He literally broke a law and it's fine. He's stupid and immature. On top of that, he is literally a fuckboy. Stupid."

"Just shut up, it's getting to the good part." Jihyun rolled her eyes at her friend, reaching for the wet tissues and grabbing her briefcase.

"Are you seriously working right now?"

"I have to head to court tomorrow, I convinced a woman to press charges against her ex-husband for domestic violence."

"Those are the types of cases you're getting?"

"No, those are the type of cases I accept. Most people at our firm are too afraid." Jihyun said as she rolled her eyes, going over documents and evidence pieces.

"Will you be my mentor when I become an intern at the firm?" Celine asked, batting her eyelashes that covered her emerald green eyes. Jihyun rolled her own, pushing her away and giving a smile.

"Of course, you idiot. We'll be the best team. You can replace Jinho for me."

"Oh! I'll be your boss then." Jihyun looked at her friend, shaking her head.

"No, ma'am. I'm becoming my boss."