Chapter Fifteen

Taehyung climbed into bed that night and reflected on the events of the day. Something Jungkook had said had gone straight to his heart. At the time, Taehyung let it go. But now that he was alone, in the dark, staring up towards a ceiling he couldn't see, it began to gnaw at him.

"She hasn't even told you she loves you!"

She hadn't even told him she loved him. This was a true statement. Taehyung had been the one to say it first and he didn't put any pressure on Jenna to say it back. He was well aware his feelings might have advanced quicker than hers. He figured she would tell him soon enough. But months had gone by and she had never reciprocated that feeling. Yes, she said she liked him, but like is not love.

He sighed. He still didn't want to push her. No matter how much he cared for her, he could not bring himself to push for the response he wanted. He wanted it to be organic and natural. Not forced. He decided to talk to her about it. Not to force her or guilt her into saying it back, but because for his own peace of mind he needed to know.

* * *

A4D: Good morning beautiful! How was your day?

Jenna: It was long...and exhausting. I think I made five hundred pizzas tonight. Classes were boring today. I think at one point, the entire literature class was snoozing in complete harmony.

A4D: I hope you recorded it...

Jenna: Of course I did. o(^_-)O

A4D: That's my girl!

Jenna: How about you? Did you sleep well?

A4D: Nope! Not a wink.

Jenna: Seriously?? Are you okay? You need to take care of your health, oppa! Don't make me worry! I'm too young for gray hair.

A4D: For the record, I'm pretty sure I saw a couple of gray hairs when I met you over the summer.

Jenna: _;) Do you want to die...

A4D:ㅋㅋㅋ Not today.

Jenna: So, why didn't you sleep? Snoring roommates again?

A4D: Surprisingly enough, no. I was thinking about you.

Jenna: Ahhh. That makes sense then. People have always told that I'm the source of their nightmares. ;)

A4D: Actually I was thinking and evaluating how I feel about you.

Jenna: Oh.

A4D: I've said it before. Not much, but I have said it. I love you, Jenna. Being apart from you is like torture. I'm glad we have this at least though.

Jenna: I'm flattered that you care so much.

A4D: I don't just care about you. I love you!

Jenna: Thanks for loving me, Taehyung. It makes me feel special to know someone like you loves me. Really, it does!

Taehyung sighed. She was playing dumb and trying to avoid his words. He resigned himself to the fact he would not hear those three important words today. That was okay though. Kim Taehyung was nothing, if not persistent. He would wait her out. Wooing her as best he could from the other side of the globe.

* * *

Jenna wasn't sure how to take what he had said. Saying "I love you" is pretty straightforward. No way to misunderstand that. If she were honest with herself, she would say that yes, she loved him back. He had worked his way into her heart and there seemed to be no way to get him out, even if she wanted to, which she didn't.