Chapter Twelve

"Do what, now?" Taehyung's mouth dropped open and he stared at the screen unsure of what he had just heard come out of her mouth.

"What do you think about me becoming an English teacher there, in South Korea?" She giggled softly. His blank face was so funny and charming at the same time.

"Seriously? Like, you would really come here to work and live?" He clapped his hands together like a little kid.

"When? Tomorrow? No, that's silly. After this school year? When?"

"Tomorrow would be nice but that's not happening. I'm a sophomore. So, I have this year and two more to go. I want to be as ready as I can be to be a teacher there. Parents need to have confidence in me to teach their children properly. I have to take specialized classes and do some in-classroom training. Plus, I have to get approved by your government to be able to come. And, of course I would have to locate a job there. There's a lot of steps but I loved Korea before I ever met you so I'm excited to come." She couldn't stop smiling and neither could he.

"You would be in my time zone. You would be in my...what's the expression...in my backyard!" Taehyung was proud of himself for learning that expression and using it properly to boot.

She laughed. "Yeah."

"Jenna, this is such wonderful news. I'll support you the whole way, whatever you decide to do. What do your parents think?"

"Well, I wanted to share that with you too. I told my mom everything. Everything. She supports me one hundred percent. "

"Everything...?" Taehyung suddenly became serious and sat back in his chair.

"Well, not everything...you know, the part about you barging into my house late at night...I left that part out." She giggled. His face was priceless.

"PRETTY NOONA!" Suddenly, Jungkook popped in from the side of the screen, right in front of Taehyung.

"Jungkook! Seriously," Taehyung exclaimed from behind the boy.

"Sorry, hyung, but when she's around I have to say hello!" Jungkook winked at Jenna making her blush and break down into giggles.

"See? She loves me, right, noona?" He giggled at the exasperated look on Taehyung's face.

"I really think you need more discipline in your life, maknae. Now, begone." Taehyung practically dragged him over to the door, shoving him into the hallway. Shutting the door and locking it, he made his way back over to his laptop. "Sorry about that."

Jenna was wiping tears out of her eyes from laughing. "It's okay! Really! He's cute."

"Not exactly what I wanted to hear coming from you..." Taehyung spoke quietly and looked off to the side of the room.

"Awww, I'm sorry, Tae. I didn't mean it that way. You're handsome. That's better than cute." She tried to pacify his injured ego.

"I don't know..." He was trying hard to act insulted.

"What can I do to make it up to you?" she asked with a twinkle in her eye.

His gaze spun back to the screen. "Well, for starters, you can try calling me oppa."

A mischievous smile played on his lips. She was American, and he knew it wouldn't be natural for her to call him something like "Oppa."

"Is that all? Taehyung-oppa!" Jenna even flashed some aeygo at him. Her skills were no joke.

Taehyung sat back against the chair with his hand over his eyes, his shoulders shaking from giggling.

"Taehyung-oppaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Look at me, Taehyung-oppaaaaaaaaa!" She puffed out her cheeks and poked them with her fingers.