Chapter Thirteen

Jenna drove back to the pizza shop, feeling awful. Her head hurt now from all the excitement. Her arm was now black, blue and sore. Good thing the weather was getting colder so her long sleeves would be able to cover the bruise. Her manager wasn't going to be happy at all.

She entered through the back door and dragged the empty pizza bags with her.

"What took you so long?! I tried calling you!" Her boss was understandably angry.

"I'm sorry. There was an altercation and I had to call the police. I'm sorry, but we didn't get paid." She stood before him trying not to cry. The events of the evening were catching up with her and tears threatened to spill over any moment now.

Her manager looked her over, puzzled by her current demeanor.

"Jenna, what happened? Where did that awful bruise come from? Were you assaulted?!" He fired questions at her like bullets. She shrunk back from him.

"Listen, Jenna, I'm sure it wasn't your fault. But please tell me what happened." He spoke more softly after seeing her reaction.

Sara heard the ruckus and stepped over from her work station. She saw her friend and immediately ran over to her. "Jenna! Jenna, are you okay? What's going on?"

Jenna took a deep breath and began her tale. The manager shook his head and immediately put that house on the black list. They would be getting no more deliveries from this pizza place.

Sara put her arm around her friend's shoulders trying her best to give what comfort she could. Jenna finished her story and looked up at the two people in front of her.

"Sir, if it would be alright, could I go home early? I'm not feeling well." Her voice trailed off at the end, but her boss had heard enough.

"Sure. Sara, why don't you take her home? I have enough people to cover the rest of your shifts."

"Sure. I would be happy to," Sara replied, quickly removing her apron and grabbing her things from the employee room nearby.

"Let's go, Jenna." She took Jenna's keys from her and escorted her friend to the car.

The car ride home was silent. Sara tried to make small talk, but Jenna just sat quietly. Her head was throbbing; she just wanted a hot shower and her bed.

The officer had recommended getting a restraining order against Matt. He also said he would be talking to Matt's mother about him moving back to Florida and attending college there. He really felt badly about what had happened and promised Jenna he would do everything he could to protect her, while assisting Matt in getting some professional help. She was happy with that but felt badly for the man who now had to file reports against his own son.

"I can't believe that loser tried to hurt you again," Sara said bitterly.

"He was drunk. I'm not going to let this get me down. I'm going to move past it. It just might take me a couple of days. He was so angry. The look in his eyes was pure hatred, Sara. I won't forget that anytime soon I'm afraid." She spoke so softly Sara had to lean in slightly to hear her.

Sara's heart broke for her friend. She pondered how she could help but came up with nothing. She decided she would just be there for her friend if she needed her.

They arrived at their apartment. Jenna went immediately to her room, and after grabbing some clean pj's, she went into the bathroom. Sara frowned. She wracked her brain trying to think of some way to help her friend feel better. Though, sadly enough, she came up with nothing.

* * *

Jenna turned off her light and snuggled into her blankets. Her face glowed with the light from her phone. Scrolling through her social media she saw several updates from the boys. Namjoon had posted another outfit of the day, and Jin had filmed an eating video. She decided to watch it later. She never understood how that guy could fit so much food into his mouth.