Chapter 3

The next week went much the same. Work, pack business, messing about.

It may have been a week but my head is still spinning from the news that Uncle gave me, I mean, it can't be right, I was sure he was gone for good.......but I guess I was wrong wasn't I.

I was in my room packing when there was a knock at the door.

" come in!" I yelled.

" Hey Mina." Grayson said sitting on my bed. I was instantly worried. He seemed off somehow.

" you ok?" I asked, sitting beside him and putting my arms around his shoulders.

" yeah....no......listen I don't know, but I have something to ask you."

" shoot."

" will you miss us?" he asked me. I was shocked, I've helped with other packs a lot, but he's never asked me that.

" of course I will. You lot are like family. My crazy, slightly disfunctional family. He gave a chuckle.

" here let me help." he said, taking the frustrating suitcase away from me. After a few minutes of silence he continued, " don't get hurt. Please? You're like a little sister to me Mina."

" I won't. I promise." I told him. He wrapped me in a hug and then carried my bags to load into Mason's car.

" ready to go Mina?" Mason asked, opening the passenger door for me. I nodded before turning and giving them all a hug.

I've been away from home plenty of times but this time felt different somehow.....like something bad would happen.

" looking forward to the trip?" Mason asked politely.

When I say that no-one in the pack likes me, that's not strictly true.....non of the girls like me, a lot of the guys are nice but I'm closest to Spencer, Grayson and Denzal.

" I don't know.........I mean they are a good pack, would make good allies but it's just......I don't know......they're sexist jerks and I feel as though something bad will happen. Hey! Would you mind if I just went to sleep?"

" Mina? Mina wake up." I heard faintly. I just moaned and put my hands over my ears,

" Mina. We're almost there. And you have bed head." Mason chuckled. I slapped his arm in my sleepy haze.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I took out my hair brushed and dragged it through the knots and tangles. Once it fell straight down my back and covered my vamp eye I took out my makeup. I put on a light layer of foundation, some pale lipstick and a thick line of eyeliner.

" and here we are." Mason said turning into the driveway of their.....huge pack house. Everyone seemed to be their, thing about being a omega is I know who's what rank by scent. It comes with the fighting instinct. All werewolves have hightened senses but omegas are even higher, along with alphas. For some reason betas don't, but I think that it's because they are mainly advisers to the alpha.

We got out of the car and walked over to the alpha.

" ah you must be the moon lake omega!" a happy voice came from next to the alpha. She knew that it was me but apparently the rest of them didn't. Everyone served towards Mason. I stood back smirking.

" Hey guys! I'm not omega! She is!" he pointed to me.

Cries of " yeah right!" " girl omega!" and " bet she's a stuck up bitch!" echoed throughout the garden. I pinpointed the girl who called me a stuck up bitch and stalked towards her.

" say that again. I dare you." I said lowly. Her face was plastered in makeup, she looked orange, her skirt barley made it past her bum and her top didn't even reach her belly button.

" I said you're a stuck up bitch and girls can't be omegas anyway." she looked smug.

I looked to Mason who shrugged then walked over to the alpha family. " I'd like to prove myself alpha." I told him with a bow of my head.

" go ahead. Ray!" he called and his omega stepped forward, " fight." he ordered.

I clipped up my hair and got into a battle stance. I thought he'd object to fighting a girl but he's obviously learned a lesson.

" don't be scared. I won't bite." I told him with a smirk.

He clearly understood my 'joke' and visibly paled.

He threw a pretty well aimed punch but I ducked under it and kicked him in the stomach, sending him flying across the garden. Short fight.

" you wanna go?" I asked.

" sure....." she clearly hesitated.

" that's enough Tara!" the alpha roared, " Mina is here to help us! you will show her the respect that you show me!"

" yes alpha." she murmured with her head down.

" Mina would you like to say a few words?" the alpha turned to me with a smile. I still didn't like him.

" yeah. Mason, give me a hand?" he took my waist and lifted me up onto the car bonnet, from there I climbed up onto the roof.

" hey guys......urrrmmm glad to be here.......listen I don't make speeches so I'll keep it short and sweet.......or sour depending on how you see it.......I'm not only werewolf. I'm part vampire, witch, elf and werewolf. It's complicated but your alpha can explain. Don't worry I won't drain you, promise." I held out my pinky finger.

They all looked defensive but I don't care, I'm here to train them up, not make new friends.

The rest of the day past by fine, we ate, drank, laughed and discussed various fighting tactics. It was going swimmingly, until I saw him.