Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

Kimball Cho

I said that I'd drive, even though it's Rigsby's car. He doesn't have a clue where we're meant to go. Jane, Boss and I had been over there already once this morning to sort out this plan he's got. I don't really understand why we have to do it. All I know is that Rigsby and I have to go undercover. I normally quite enjoy it, I never show it though. But I'm dreading it this time. It's going to damage my self pride.

'Where are we going?' He asks.

'Some roughed up town half an hour away.'

'Oh...'

'You'll need to change,' I add after about thirty seconds silence.

'My clothes? Into what?'

'Casual.'

'I don't have any.'

'There's some in the back,' I give a brief glance over my shoulder. I see he's confused as to how I got them, I can't really be bothered to explain.

We pull up alongside the sidewalk in the middle of a town. We have ages to go until we have to go undercover. It needs to be this evening for it to be believable.

'Shall I change now?' He asks.

'No. Boss wants to see you first.' He sighs and shakes his head.

I get out and he copies. I walk into the greasy spoon Jane said he'd meet us in. The bell gives a cheesy jingle as we enter through the door. I see Jane sat at a table in the corner and Lisbon sat opposite, her back to us. He sees us and gives a small wave, Lisbon turns round and gets up.

'Where were you?' She asks Rigsby.

'Sorry Boss I got caught in traffic.' He flicks Jane a warning glance.

'Right well don't be late again.' She walks over to me and he goes to Jane.

'What are we doing?' Is all I hear before Lisbon starts going over what I have to do again.

It's finally lunch time and we head out in search of Kloë Oscar. We'd done plenty of research and have tracked her down to her home. Lisbon and Jane go to her flat. They're not suppose to mention that they're from the CBI, just the police. And they're supposed to tell her the made up story we had created, that they're there to tell her that Jack Johnson was caught with a gun and is in prison... We don't want her to know that we know about her affair with James Anderson. Rigsby and I are to stay outside and we aren't to be seen by her.

'You know the plan?' I ask him.

'Yep.'

'I'd get changed now.' I lean back and grab the clothes then throw them on his lap. He picks them up and gets out of the car. He holds them out and looks at them. He leans down and talks through the open window.

'What are these?' He shows me the dodgy trousers. With rips and wholes.

'Trousers,' I reply. He rolls his eyes at my answer.

'And you expect me to wear this?!' He holds out the worn leather jacket with studs on.

'Yes.'

He rolls his eyes again and puts on his top outside then climbs in the back to struggle on his trousers. I sit and look out the window the whole time watching the apartment door. I'd been in my casual clothes this morning as Lisbon had let me know before I'd left for work.

About ten minutes later Jane comes out to us and hops in the back then Lisbon sits next to him. Rigsby had joined me a while ago in his casual clothes.