Chapter Three

The country was nice and quiet, besides the few zombies that walked the roads it had seemed like a safe place at the time we first got there. The wide open space had seem perfect, the houses that were empty had seem like a perfect set up for maybe even more than two weeks, "Katherine!" Alexis smiled as she ran to me picking me up, "It's perfect!" She screamed as she let me down, "Calm down Alexis," I smiled as she turned to Trey. Everything seemed fine everything seemed to have fallen into place, but time would soon prove us wrong.

    I walked back to Sean as he sat on the back of truck, "You look happy," He said as he pulled me towards him, "Why wouldn't I be? I mean look at this place Sean, its beautiful," I giggled as I got closer to him, "Katherine, how much longer do I have to hold myself back from you?" He asked as his hands ran down my arms reaching for my hands, "Sean, I'm not over Zack yet. Yes he's dead and yes I love you but," I paused. I looked up at him as he stared into my eyes. He slowly brought his face to mine now leaving his lips only inches from mine. He closed his eyes as he wrapped his arms around me, "Katherine," he whispered. I could feel his warmth as we stood there, "I love you," He said again as his lips was barely touching mine. I could feel my heart racing in my chest and my body was growing weak as I felt him closing the space between us. I wanted him, but I didn't want to hurt him, or allow myself to lose him like I lost Zack. I placed my hands on his cheeks kissed him planting my lips on his. As he kissed me I had soon forgotten the situation we were in, "You guys?" James laughed as we pulled apart, "Let's go," James chuckled as he walked away.  

    I looked at Sean and smiled, "You're blushing," Sean smirked as he walked away, "Ass!" I called after him. As I headed towards the house Trey and James came out carrying a body wrapped in a rug, "They killed themselves with one bullet to the head," He choked as Mia and Alexis came out carrying another body, "There's one more inside," Alexis mumbled as they walked towards the back, "Katherine, don't look," Sean said as I walked in, but as I walked around the corner I watched Sean as he wrapped a little girl's body in a sheet, "She's young," I said as I covered my mouth, "Go wait outside," Sean sighed as he picked her up. I looked at her as she just hung in his arms, "She didn't suffer," He smiled, "At least she's not in pain Kat," He said as he walked passed me. He was right, but even so knowing that this world was taking these people's lives so young still somehow made me feel bad.

      As they came back into the house Mia and I headed towards the back of the house where they had their crops, "Think we can do this?" Mia sighed as we looked around, "The dirt looks fresh," I paused, "We can do this, it's the keeping up with it part that might get hard," I chuckled, "Have you ever taken care of crops before," She asked me as she sat down, "No, but looks like were all about to learn," I laughed as I thought of the guys trying to do this popped into my mind, "Let's go help them with the traps," Mia said as she picked herself up off the ground, "Sure," I breathed as I stood up.

   The house was pretty big and had more than enough space for all of us, but even with that said there was more ground to cover to keep this place safe if we were going to stay here for more than two weeks, "How are the traps coming," I blurted out as I plopped myself on the couch, "Were still coming up with things," James said as he sat at the table with Sean and Trey, "Did you guys check to see if they have anything good laying around?" I questioned them as Alexis sat next to me, "Not yet, but feel free to look," Trey smiled at us, "Alexis," I said as I looked at her, "I just got to lay down, are you really going to make me get up," She mumbled, "Yes," I growled as I pushed her off the couch, "Your mean Kat," She yelled after me as I walked out towards the shed, "Hurry up and watch my back," I called out to her as we headed across the yard.

 I was praying that maybe the people before us had left even a little something considering the fact that it had seem no one has been here for the past few months, "Alexis help me open the door," I sighed as I gave up trying to open the door, "Let's go back to the house, it's getting dark," Alexis said as she pulled on my arm.